Thursday, April 12, 2012

Random Ramblings

Just a little random stuff in case you're bored to tears and have nothing else to read.

While we have been a one-shower family for quite a while, while Jon redoes our master bedroom, it has been quite the adjustment.  We're so used to it now, it's really no big deal.  However, NOW we have gone from a 3 toilet family to a 2 toilet family.  Jon has taken the toilet out of master bath to lay tile down.  It's funny b/c the first thing I do when I turn off my alarm in the morning (remember it sits in teh bathroom b/c otherwise I'd snooze it to death) is use the bathroom.  The first few mornings I went to sit and then remembered . . . oops, no toilet.  Made me giggle and smile and not much does that at 4:00 a.m.

Lydia and I were supposed to run a half marathon this Saturday.  However, she's messed up her calf.  She's so sweet.  She told me she would go with me (2-1/2 hours away) to support me.  I told her she was more than worth getting up at 3:00 a.m. for, but getting up that early for ME. . . not.worth.it. (we were going to have to leave at 3:30).  Oh well, at least we got the training in, and at least the money went to a good cause.

Whiel I have washed and dried laundry the last two weeks, NONE. . . not even a pair of underwear, have gotten folded.  It is all in my living room. . . hoping to get to it maybe tonight or not. . . we'll see.

James (my step dad) called me the other night.  He's so sweet and thoughtful.  He was riding all the kiddos on the golfcart when we left Sunday.  We didn't get to tell him bye.  He was calling to tell us he loved us.  Although as a kid I didn't like having a stepdad and desperately wanted my mom and dad to get back together. . . even begging God telling Him I'd give up all my Christmases for the rest of my life (I'm serious. . . I did this MANY MANY times). . .as an adult I realized God just blessed me with 2 daddies, and I'm grateful for both of them.

I'm madly in love with my husband right now.  Just thought you should know that.

Gigi is just precious.  I can't tell you how many times she loves on us wtih food.  She cooks all the time for us.  They will be in SSI for a few weeks while my SIL has surgery.  She came by yesterday and asked us over for dinner tonight and then she said in a sad voice, "Because we won't see y'all for a few weeks."  I'm so glad she loves us and misses us when they are away. 

My Dad has actually been very sweet as well.  We were talking about taxes the other day and I was telling him how much we owe.  He called me back a few hours later and offered tax help advice and even money if we needed it.  A dear lady told me one time to never, ever, never stop praying.  My Papa always said, "As long as there is breath in the body, there is hope."  Praying my dad will not breathe his last breath until he comes to Christ through faith AND repentance.

Life has been crazy, crazy busy . . . more than normal.  It makes normal life look lazy compared to how busy we've been.  I'm trying to be thankful and keep a good perspective.  Sometimes I fail. . . those are the days I cling most to His grace.

I've been staying at home on Wednesday nights from church.  I have a lot of reading that I need to do to prepare for an upcoming event.  It's been really nice to study either God's word or a book written in reference to His word for 1-1/2 hours without being rushed or interuptted.  I've enjoyed the downtime.

The kids are growing ever so fast.  Sometimes my heart is sad if I reflect on it too much.  I'm just trying to soak them up as much as possible before they fly the coop.  I'm ever so grateful to get up at 4:00 a.m. and be able to work at home and homeschool them.  Would I do it over again? Go without sleep?  Deal with the grumpies? The sibling rivalry? The not having much time to myself?  The learning to juggle work and life of a stay-at-home/homeschooling mom?  You betcha!!!!!! You don't have to ask me twice. 

I'm loving running with Becky.  I miss Ang running with us.  Becky has become such a dear friend to me.  We often joke and say running together is better than having lunch together b/c we get to talk, laugh, cut up, share our hearts AND burn calories!!!!!  It's so funny, us long-distance runners. . . we are so very alike in oh so many ways and struggle with some of the same monsters.  Another thing, Becky (being homeschooled all her life) really, really helps me be a better mom.  She is just a tremendous blessing to me. 

You hear all the horrible stuff about having a teenager in the house.  Don't believe a word of it!! Alec is a joy and a delight.  Now ages 8-11 I thought we were going to kill one another, but his teen years have been wonderful.  He's so responsible, so self motivated, and has become much more tender than he used to be.  I'm so proud of him, and I love seeing how God is using him and will use him.  Today he had discipleship with Marty.  He always comes home telling me all that he's learned.  I'm so grateful for Marty and how he is investing in Alec.

Okay, my fingers are tired and I'm sure you're even more bored than when you started this. 

Happy Thursday

1 comment:

The Lawrences said...

was not bored a BIT!.. love hearing about happenings!