Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April Fools

Oh how I love tricking my kids on April Fools. This year, though, since it was on a Sunday, I got to trick others as well.

The trick this year?

Fake donuts. Yes, the same ones Jenn. B. got me and Faith with last year. I woke up and made my fake donuts. . . equal parts flour and salt, roll them into balls, a little bit of oil and a little more flour - presto!

Lydia and I ran that morning so on the way home I stopped by Dunkin Donuts and got a box of munchkins. I then dumped the good stuff out for the fake stuff.

I walked in the house and told Jon I'd gotten some donuts. Bless his heart, he's been deprived of food since he had his wisdom teeth out on Friday. He was ready to tear into them.

Check out his expression.

Made us both laugh so hard.
Next, I got the girls.
Hook, line, and sinker.


They were sooooo funny.

Alec snuck downstairs before I could catch him with the camera. But, another victim of the donuts. . .
The first Sunday of every month we serve the youth breakfast. This was perfect. I told our youth pastor was I was up to. Do you know how many belly laughs I got seeing those kids taste the fake donuts. Oh, it was so good. SO!MUCH!FUN!


No comments: