I know all these things. . . I just needed reassurance. This was Saturday as I wept in my sweet husband's arm.
God has always, always been so very faithful.
A little less than two years ago our house payment was paid. Jon had sent out over 100 resumes. There was very little money in the bank. . . certainly not enough to make our house payment the next month. God provided Jon with really the best corporate job he has ever had. . . right at the last minute. Two days before Jon got his job someone showed up at my door and gave me a card. I opened it up and someone had anonymously given us $1000.00. To this day, we have no idea who it was. . . just someone being the hands of Jesus.
We still depend on our business money though to meet our financial obligations. The business was low. Here we are at the brink again. Jon sells his truck. Again, God's provision. . . right at the last minute.
It seems like we go through the business money quickly. Unfortunately, we need my income, Jon's full-time income, and the business money. When Jon was out of a job for a year and the real estate market crashed, it really set us back. Some of our poor financial decisions doesn't help out either. Fast forward several months (not sure of the time frame). . . again, business money is low. . . this is becoming a familiar pattern. Jon and Greg put the house they had been working on for months on the market. I put it on there on a Friday. By Tuesday we had an offer. By Thursday we had a contract. Once again, God has remained ever so faithful.
You'd think by this time my faith would be strong as a giant. I waiver. My emotions get the best of me and I cave into fear. This was me Saturday.
Fast forward to now. . . here we are yet again. . . however, this time. . . no house on the market. We have 3 that need to be, but none are close. As I drove to my sister's house yesterday my prayer was very simple, "Lord, I don't even know what to pray. We don't know what to do, but we look to You. Please provide a way. . . a way where You receive all the glory and honor. "
Jon calls me about 3:00 that afternoon. Normally with his job they do their reviews/assessments during the time of their anniversary. For Jon, that would be July. This year, however, his job decided to do them in April (which we had no idea). Jon's boss told him the most raise his job would allow this year was 4%. However, his boss went to bat for him and gave him a 5-1/2%. They had to rigamaroo (not his bosses' words, but mine) things around a bit to get around the 4% cap, but they wanted Jon to be rewarded for his hard work. Last year at his review his boss told him he'd never worked with anyone who had as much integrity as Jon. (Jon would not want me saying this, but I'm so proud of him). Yet, again, God has been ever faithful.
Although I am as stubborn and faithless as an Israelite wandering through the dessert, I'm so thankful for these times. Without these times, we would never see just how much God really does provide in a land of self-sufficiency and abundance (I'm talking United States here). I'm thankful for how we have to depend on God to help us meet our obligations. . . not because we're "super spiritual" (I say that because I don't want anyone to ever think that Jon and I think we have it all figured out. . . b/c we both are very far from that) but simply because we have to. I'm so thankful God loves us so much to allow these things to invade our lives. . . situations where He shows His faithfulness, His love for us, and it is all for His glory. . . that He is ever so faithful. . . even when we waiver, even when our faith is shaky, even when we cave to fear.
With a thankful heart . . . praise His glorious name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment