Monday, Monday. . . oh dear, Monday. . . just like you I always have my days planned. Not much flexibility here for this gal. . . no sir re. . . spontaneity is NOT my middle name. In fact, it's really not apart of my vocabulary. She kinda gives me the hee-bee-jee-bees.
On Monday's list was testing for all 3 kiddos, then I was going to finish, by-doggy, painting my room that has taken me more than a week to get finished.
I awoke that morning and turned on my phone and had several texts come in. . .one of which was my little sister, Kristen, saying she was down for the night and wanted to know if we wanted to come and meet them for dinner. . . "eww, no, I'm sorry. . . that's NOT on the calendar" was my initial thought. Then I thought of my hard working hubby and knew it wouldn't be fair to ask him to drive an additional hour to my mom's after he'd already been up past 10:00 p.m. Sunday night grouting the travertine for our bathroom and on top of that drives an hour to work every day. So, I told her we were testing, but would come sometime after lunch.
I may have twisted and I may have had chills go up my spine to break my already pre-conceived plans, but it was worth it. I got to see my sweet chunka chunka burnin' love and my get fish kisses from my precious Em, have sweet conversations with my little sister and dad (James). It was a wonderful afternoon.
When I was leaving Kris told me thanks for coming. She knows how much I don't like breaking away from my plans. To which I then joked and told her I nearly went into a seizure going against what I had planned for the day.
That is why I have hanging in my kitchen a chalkboard that has the heading "Blessed are the Flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape." I'm always in constant need of the reminder. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment