Since I love to laugh and I happen to think laughter is the best medicine, I thought I'd share some things that have made me laugh this week.
Hanna: "Mom, when I grow up will I have boobs like you or Daddy?"
Gigi and I were having a conversation about Granddaddy and his decline. I don't include details b/c I'd never want to dishonor him. She was frustrated and just needed to vent. Here's how the rest of our conversation went.
Me: "Gigi, you know there is a purpose in all of this. God works all things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose and He works all things for His glory (Rom 8:28). You know, that is our hope. That there is a purpose in all of this . . . all of the pain, all of the frustration, all of the whys, all of the hurt. That is what we have to hang on to."
I hear Gigi get a little choked up.
Gigi: Then in a very bold tone she says to me, "Michele, remind me when I get back home to hit you."
We both bust out laughing.
Gigi: "And, NEVER say that to me again."
581. For hope.
582. For the truth and promises of God's word.
583. For giggles.
584. For giggles that make you snort.
585. For family.
586. For Gigi.
587. For Granddaddy.
588. For a sound mind.
589. For the healing touch of both tears and laughter.
590. For funny little girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment