Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend Backwards Style

So because I loaded my pictures in the wrong order I'm going to recap our weekend in backwards style.

Sunday, it was just Jon and I, and we headed to church. The kiddos had spent the night with my mom and James. After church we went to Longhorn and actually ate healthy. . . both of us. It was funny. He ordered a salad and when the lady came to put our food in front of us she put the salad in front of me. We then came home and I took a short nap. I went to mama's to pick up the kiddos and she was in the process of fixing dinner. . . turnips, ham, potato salad, and rolls. Can I get a yummy to my tummy? My mom's cooking is wonderful. .. . really my favorite out there. Mama also had her sewing machine out and she and the girls had been sewing aprons all day. The girls were having a BLAST!!!

Saturday Jon worked in Concord. I took the kids to meet mama and James and they were taking them to the Buck-a-rama, or as Ash said, the Booook-a-rama. Funny girl. I came home and finished working. Then I had this for lunch. . .

kale, pear, chia seeds (yes, like the chia pet), and banana. No, it's not that good, but I know it's good for me.

Then this little thing who follows his Fo everywhere
plopped up in the Coastal Room with me and I had a sweet time studying this. . .
Jon and I then went to dinner with Gigi and Granddaddy. They've been wanting to take us to this place for awhile. Funny this is, Gigi takes everyone here. You'd think she loved the place. However, as far as the entrees go. . . in her own words. . . she's never had anything that she liked. That's Gigi for you!

On Friday, Ash and I FINALLY got out her sewing machine she'd gotten for Christmas. I know, I know, I'm terrible. She learned how to thread a bobbin, threaded her sewing machine, and sewed a pillow.


That night we all headed to a basketball game. Jon's work has a suite at Phillip's Arena and someone had given him tickets for the game. It was the women's basketball team, but we were excited about sitting in a suite. Never had that happen before. We even got parking privileges.
Hanna said she was most excited about the suite because of the "private restrooms". Here she is proudly.

We took our sweet friends the Jones' and Brisendine's with us. We all ate dinner together at the Varsity and stuffed our faces silly.




I thought this was so sweet with Hanna resting her head on her Daddy's shoulder.


We all were so very tired when we got home. It was after 11:30 and mama in high heels doesn't do well with late nights. In fact, Jon and I were both so sleepy he stopped by McDonalds and treated everyone to a McFlurry. . . I think ours was an attempt to keep us awake.

We had a busy weekend, but a very good weekend, and so very thankful for people to share it with.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Loved hearing about your weekend! Love you!