Monday, August 22, 2011

Early Monday Morning

Dear Monday,

You met me this morning at midnight. Yep, midnight. i think that is when it is officially a new dawn and a new day, huh? I awoke to the sound of crashes of lightening and my house shaking. i was secretly hoping it was 4:00 a.m. and we would have to cancel our long run. Nope, only midnight. Ash hopped in the bed with Jon and I and I drifted back off to sleep. Oh 3:00 a.m. came quickly. I got up, downed some coffee, and headed off to meet Ang and Becky. . .for a 16-miler. . . although we cut it short at 14 miles. It was a great run and I really enjoyed our time together and our conversation.

I came back home, worked a little bit, took and shower, and I actually got ready (for once) for discipleship with Lydia. We did good again, 2-1/2 hours. Boy does time fly by!!!

I made lunch (leftovers. . . sigh and moan). Then, the kiddos and I headed upstairs to finish school. Today, they were all finished this morning in like 1-1/2 hours. I knew something fishy was up, and it was. I made them redo a lot of what they had half done. There were tears.

I made spaghetti for dinner, which we haven't had in quite a while. Everyone was very excited. YAY!!!! Score one for mom. The boys headed to work on a house, and the girls and I headed to soccer. .. well, honestly, first we headed to McDonalds to get their new Rolo McFlurry. . . oh such yummy goodness. . . we shared, so I needed not feel quite so badly about all of us ingesting all the sugar. . . W-H-A-T-E-V-A!!!!!

Ash was so in her element at soccer practice. Sometimes watching her and her face light up with joy I wonder silently if that is what she was born to do. She just eats.it.up. Chris was really glad to have her back on his team. He met us halfway to the field and got her to pass the ball to him. He said, "You still got it." She was thrilled afterwards because she said Coach Chris called her "one of his good ones."

Meanwhile, I tried to take Hanna to the park so I could read "The Help". I'm such a nerd. I've heard such good things about the movie, but the nerd in me must read the book before I see it. I'm so boring, I know.

I laid on the grass (all the while knowing there was a possibility I could get red bugs, didn't care, I was tired), held my book above my head, and actually drifted off to sleep on the soccer field. I jumped up quickly from my sleep, reminding myself Hanna is there with me.

And, now, dear Monday, we are home, and it is 8:07. I'm about to brush my teeth, take this makeup off, put on my PJs, curl up with "The Help", and

PUT
YOU

TO
BED!!!!!

Good night!

No comments: