Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday's Tidbits

Wow I feel so productive today. Up and working at the wee hours of the morning as always. However, we got school finished, I packed up some of the kids old clothes to send to Guyana. . . got them mailed (which is totally amazing when I actually follow through with something), had Bible study with Ashley, then met Melissa and the kids at a local nature center.

She had texted me earlier in the week about us having a picnic. It was good. It's so funny though. We used to talk on the phone about 5 times a day, and now we text. Guess it's probably pride on both of our sides. Today was good though. We really all had a good time.

Two of my teen girls showed up today. Last Sunday I basically told them, if you're not going to be in the Word there is no point in us meeting. I'm throwing the ball in your court. If you've done your homework, then find me on Wed. and we'll meet on Thursday. I will not come to you, and I will not ask you about it. I don't want you to not want to see me when I'm coming up to you, thinking I'm going to hound you. These girls have got to want to be in the Word for themselves. One girl had to drop out because of volleyball, and I was so grateful the other 2 both found me last night and we had Bible study today. I love them all so much.

We then jetted out the door to soccer practice. Do y'all know how much I love being out on the soccer field and being a soccer mom??? I just eat.it.up. While Ash practiced I ran intervals and Hanna played on the playground. Wow running at 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., there is HUGE difference.

We laid down the law with the kiddos this past week. The last two days have been so much more pleasant with them. I actually like them again. In fact, Alec actually gave me a compliment the other night. He said, "Man, I hope when I get married I marry someone who will treat me like you treat Daddy." I don't think he was trying to compliment me at all. I think he was frustrated because he was doing the dishes after dinner and Jon got to sit on the cough and rest. I'll take the compliment though.

My sweet friend from high school Molly lives on the beach in NC. I'm so concerned about she and her babies. They are supposed to move in like a week, and now they have this hurricane that's about to hit. Also, our "other Hendrixes" are going to DC during all this mess. Please keep both families in your prayers.

Today is the 2-year anniversary of my Papa's death. I miss him so much. In fact, I really hate going home sometimes because it's just a remidner to me he's really gone. I'm so thankful for his life and his legacy and that he was mine.

I'm reading "The Help" right now and I can hardly put it down. In fact, my family probably wants to yell "help" because I'm neglecting them and all my domestic duties. My mom wants to go and see it though, and I'm such a nerd I just have to read the book first.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: