Friday, March 23, 2012

Why I'm Having a Hard Time Closing my Eyes at Night

I tease often and say I don't sleep long enough to dream. . . some nights that's probably true.

Because of our busy schedule when I lay my head down I'm immediately asleep. No counting sheep for this girl.

I'm thankful.

Anyhoo, Hanna got a new pet . . . a hamster. His name? Toby.

He really is a cute little rat. . . I mean, hamster.

The other night we are all laying in the bed and Hanna lets the thing just crawl all on her. I'll hold him, but that's about the extent of my hamster lovin'.

As I close my eyes the kids are still in our room and I feel something on my chest.

It's the hamster.

"Oh my stars."

I quickly told the children to get him and and get him fast. I may or may not have raised my voice. I'll let you just use your imagination **wink**wink**

After giggles galore. . . including my own. . . we then discovered something else.

The thing had pooped on me!!!!

Now, just imagine the laughter that erupted from that one!

After calming everyone down I then told them I needed my sleep or I would have them all up with me at 4:00 a.m. I may or may not have threatened them. I'll let you use your imagination.

I then close my eyes and start to drift. I feel something else on my chest. This time I'm not as nice, and there certainly isn't any laughter coming from me.

Wanna know what it was?

A zuzu pet. . . . at least with this one I didn't have to worry about it poopin' on me.


1 comment:

theelizabethhighsmith said...

that story will just get better and better through the years!!! a merry heart does the heart good like medicine!