Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Different Kind of Tuesday

Well most of our Tuesdays around here are the same. . . time at Granddaddy's. . . they each are unique on their own, but we know every Tuesday where we will be.

However, Gigi and Grandaddy are out of town right now.

So, although we didn't spend Tuesday with Granddaddy. . . we did get to spend it with a very special person.

I guess she would be called my 4th cousin by marriage? Who knows? The bond we share is stronger than any human blood anyway. . . she is my sister in Christ. . . and she is precious.

Her name is Laura Lee.

Her mom, Lynn (who is just as precious) is James' cousin. A few years back at our first cookie bake Laura Lee and I instantly bonded (our bond in Christ, I'm telling you). She missed the cookie bake this year and I was really disappointed. However, Lynn gave me her cell and told me she was going to Passion. I was stoked.

So we decided to meet up there. Let me tell you, this was quite a chore. . . when I was free she was in community group. . . when she was free, I was serving.

However, we did manage to meet up and spend some time together.

You'd thought we talked every.single.day the way we instantly bonded (I LOVE relationships like that)

Well back in late January she texted me telling me she wanted to see us during her spring break.

Yesterday it worked out that her mom had a meeting nearby and we got to meet up with both of them.

Time sure did fly in the presence of these two ladies.

We did the usual catching up. . . what we've been doing here, there, and yonder . . . and then from there our conversation centered around the Lord. It was wonderful. One of those times you just walk away feeling so full.

Another special thing is that I got to talk to Kristen extra long. We don't get as much phone time as either one of us would like, but when I get to talk to her, it is always so good. I love her so much and I'm so very proud of the mother she is.

Then, to boot, the kids got a cookie at the Great American Cookie Factory. That was probably the highlight of their day.

My kids are so sweet. They sat there for such a long time while Lynn, Laura Lee, and I talked.. . . although they were included in the conversation. They didn't fuss or whine or say "when are we leaving". They were patient.

Then after that we had to go and open up a house. We were there for over an hour. Again, they were so patient. I'm so thankful for the grace my children given their working/homeschooling mother. They are precious and definitely an overflow of God's grace on my life.

No comments: