Friday, March 2, 2012

In Everything

It all started in Kindergarten. . . wanting to be the first girl to have all of her letters memorized. I actually remember when it got to the inflatable "M" man.

Then in second grade when I was the first one to finish my written work. . . I had taken so much time to follow all the directions, write neatly, and then handed it in to my teacher. She put it in a crate marked "Board" work. I thought it said "bad" work. I was truly devastated. . . obviously. . . I'm 35 and still remember it.

I went from "needing improvement" when I first tried out as a majorette in high school and being placed as an alternate to being the feature twirler and twirling knives my senior year.

I worked two jobs in college and still made good grades.

I've just always been an overachiever. . . in everything I do.

Unfortunately/fortunately that bleeds over into my spiritual life as well. . .

I love memorizing whole books/chapters of the Bible.

I love discipling young women.

I am so in awe that I get to teach my children God's Holy word.

I want to volunteer and help restore young women who are victims of sex slavery.

I want feed the poor, help the hurting.

I want to go and evangelize with my precious friend, Jenn B.

I want to help my mother in law with my father in law.

I want to go to Uganda and love on the street children, hug the untouchables.

I want to teach the women of Uganda the word of God. . . teaching them to love Him with all of their being, teaching them His commandments, teaching them how to study God's word for themselves.

I want to write letters weekly to my friends in Guyana. I want to send them Bible studies on a consistent basis.

I want to write our Compassion child, Jay-Ju, weekly, telling him how much I love him even though I've never seen his face, assuring him that I pray for him, and I'd love the day when my whole family could meet him face-to-face.

My mama reminds me, "Michele, you can't save the world."

Yes, but can't I save one person's world? Can't Christ, through me, save one person's world?

I don't want to live a life in vain. I don't want to live void of purpose. I want my life to count for eternity.

At times these things weigh heavy on my heard and mind, and I just get plain exhausted. The other day I was there. To the point of tears. I was on the phone with Jon as he was going to work. I get so overwhelmed I feel like I'm drowning, so afraid of disappointing my Lord. . . I collapse. The thing is Christ has done it all for me. I know this. I know this. Yet, I struggle. . .

Jon reminded me, "Michele, there is no peace in that."

Yes, I know.

Me: "I just can't do it all."

Jon: "The good thing is. . . you don't have to."

After hanging up with my precious husband, I then fell into the arms of my Savior. . . asking His forgiveness of doing things in my strength, of allowing a burdensome load. . . a load that is not of Him (Matt 11:30). Telling Him how much I love Him, telling Him I want my life to matter for Him. He reminded me I don't have to do all things (now I'm not talking about clear commandments in scripture here. . . please don't misunderstand me). The Holy Spirit reminded me of the Scriptire, "Whether then, you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31.

In the multiple trips to the grocery store. . . do all to the glory of God.

Referring fights between my kids. . . do all to the glory of God.

Fellowshipping with my friends. . . do all to the glory of God.

Discipling my children and young women. . .do all to the glory of God.

Morning phone calls with my mama . . . do all to the glory of God.

Working at 4:00 a.m. . . . do all to the glory of God.

Watching a movie with my husband . . . do all to the glory of God.

Going to Uganda. . . do all to the glory of God.

Praying for lost souls. . . do all to the glory of God.

The way we spend our money. . . do all to the glory of God.

In that (do all to the glory of God) is peace my friends. . .

No comments: