It has been such a full day. . . a good, full day. We started off the morning by heading to Jenn G.'s for PJs and pancakes. We had such a wonderful time laughing, sharing our hearts, talking, and just soaking one another up. The kiddos all played and the ladies all gabbed. . . it was wonderful. I left just thanking the Lord for such sweet friendships. Noah and KJ came home with me and Ash went home with Faith. I cleaned and got all the Christmas stuff packed away while the kiddos played.
When Faith and Steve brought Ash home they brought pizza with them and we all hung out and laughed and talked and it, too, was wonderful. We love that family that we share the same last name with so much.
Anyhoo, it seems as if every time we're together the girls a-l-w-a-y-s and I mean a-l-w-a-y-s want to put on shows. I know this sounds horrible, but this is something I really have to make myself watch. Every time I watch them I always think, "They are so precious. I'm really going to miss this one day." However, just making myself break away from adult conversation to watch it. . . I force myself.
Steve actually yelled upstairs, "Sorry girls, it's 'No Show Friday.". Bless their hearts they weren't having it, and Faith and I knew we couldn't break their hearts. Before the show though Faith and I were talking. . . . I wonder what is it that makes them want to put on shows every.single.time we're together????? Just thinking out loud here, is it their creativity and they just want to express themselves OR do they feel like they don't get enough attention, and just want to be the center of attention for 3 or 5 or 9 minutes???? Anybody out there put on shows a lot for your parents as kids? I'm just curious as to why they do this so much? I think for now, I'll just rest with the first guess and call it their creative expression. . . sounds good to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment