Sunday, December 11, 2011

For the Girls

Tonight our church had our annual Christmas program. It's always really good, but honestly, I just wasn't in the mood. My heart is struggling right now, and I'm trying to work through some things in my own head. Anyhoo, Ash, Hanna, and I went to the grocery store this afternoon, got home and unpacked the groceries. It was 5:50 and the girls begged to go to the Christmas program. I took them. We arrived just in the nick of time and even got a good seat.

Boy, the Lord always knows how to meet us at our point of need. The Lord knows my heart, actually better than I know it myself. He knows those things that hurt my heart and the questions I have in my own head of the one that is hurting it. But, He met me exactly where I needed to be met through this wonderful production. Our choir did an outstanding job. I haven't been to worship this good since the Travis Cottrell concert a few months back. My very favorite part was when the lights were off and the choir filed the sanctuary with lighted candles. . . .the whole entire thing really was amazing.

I told each of my girls during the program, "I'm so glad you wanted to come."

And now my heart is full.

Full of the Lord's goodness.

Full of the Lord's grace.

Full of the Lord's mercies.

Full in only a way He can meet me. Praise His glorious name!!!!

1 comment:

theelizabethhighsmith said...

Amen! GrateFUL for His mercies that fill over and over!