Sunday, December 4, 2011

Getting Our Jingle On

The title is courtesy of my friend, Bethany. . . I saw this on facebook where she was congratulating Lydia and I for our run. . . Cute title, huh?

Several of our friends were running a local 5K in town. It's been oh so very long since I've run a 5K, and speed is not something I've worked on lately. In fact, running has really stunk with a capital "S" for me in the past few weeks.

I was somewhat nervous. I thought I'd probably finish in the 26-minute range somewhere, but would be ecstatic if I were in the 24-minute range. Lydia and I decided to try and finish strong together.

Terrible friend and competitor I am. . . there is just something within me that when i hear "go" . . . that is what I do. . . and what I did. I went and just ran, not waiting on anyone. I felt terrible, but Ang. H. and Lydia were together, so that helped me a little.

Anyway, I was super stoked because I won the overall female at a time of 23 minutes flat. What???? I couldn't believe it. My best 5K time ever is 22:50, and that was when I was running ALOT. Oh wow. I'm telling you I was so excited about the 23 flat time. Makes me excited to get back into running 5Ks again.

Here's our race crew minus Stephanie. . . not sure where she was when this was taken.


This was Lydia's first 5K and she won her age group. Whoo hoo!
Here I am in the car with my metal.

No comments: