This past Thursday was Jon and I's anniversary. Well we're both snotty. . . thankfully literally and not figuratively. He had to work late (which he never does), but he just had a project he was working on for the VP of the entire company, so we both agreed it was pretty important. I did make him croissant rolls with hot dogs and cheese (one of his favorite meals). We went to bed at our usual early bedtime and that was that. Happy Anniversary, honey!!! We plan on celebrating today with lunch at a little Irish place not far from his work. On my card Jon gave me he said, "I'll give you your present later."
While this would make a lot of wives mad. . . not me. Jon is very sweet and thoughtful, plus it was just a few hours before this that I was at Wal-mart buying his card. . . so I totally get a procrastinator because I is one too :0)
Anyhoo, the morning after our anniversary I was telling him I wanted a goat for our anniversary. The Lord is really doing some remarkable things in my heart, and so I'm hoping years from now when I read this post it will mark the beginning to something beauty-ful.. . . a beauty-ful work of the Lord in the heart of a girl who desperately needs His grace. . . .starting all with a goat for an anniversary present.
Until then. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment