Saturday, November 19, 2011

What's in a Weekend

Oh the weekends, glorious weekends. . . how I do love thee, especially when they looked like this one.

First, we celebrated Lisa!!! Like I told my 9th and 10th grade girls Sunday morning, when you get old you're idea of fun with your friends is going to Hobby Lobby, Cracker Barrel, and Starbucks. I'm so blessed to have such amazing friends and so grateful to celebrate Lisa and . . . goodness. . . 13 years of friendship??? Wow!!!! I always tell everyone Lisa was my first friend when we moved here. She remembers seeing Alec pee in the yard. . . NOW that was a LONG time ago!!!!

Our night was short on buying things (we were all trying to be thrifty. . . I was so thrifty I wouldn't even take my purse in). Although, we saw some really funny signs at Hobby Lobby that I almost went back out to the car to get my purse to buy. However, our night was NOT short of laughter. . . I mean LOTS of laughter!
We had Cracker Barrel for our grub that night, all the while gabbing from Hobby Lobby to Cracker Barrel then to Starbucks for Jenn's "decadent fudge pie" and coffee.
Lisa opened her present, but didn't read her card. She said she might cry!!!

I can't remember why I took this shocking picture of Jennifer. I DO know that I was laughing though. The conversation is never dull. In fact, we declared Tripp needed a metal because he was the first of the dads to have the birds and bees talk out of the men!! We had so many, make your stomach hurt, laughter over Griffin's reaction! These ladies always do my heart so good. And, to steal from Faith, I'm so grateful for my sisters!!!
Saturday I got up and worked some. Jon and Alec went to work on our rental house that was demolished. The girls and I went to the grocery store, folded laundry. Ash blew off the leaves on the driveway. We watched the GA/Kentucky game. Just a lazy/productive Saturday. . . if that makes sense??

Sunday was my day to teach. I am just plum crazy about my girls!!!! It was a very sweet moment, so many opened their hearts this Sunday. We always start off by asking if anyone wants to share how the Lord is working in their lives. It took a while, but all it took was one. . . and it just happened to be my sweet Shelby. The others then followed. We serve such an amazing God that He would even care to dwell in our hearts. We then had Upward lunch, came home, napped. I actually started to read a new book, "Southern Fried Sushi" my friend, Celeste lent me. We then went to a cafe in a nearby town with Gigi and Grandaddy. We had such a wonderful time of fellowship. Got home, brushed teeth, all piled into our bed and we watched TV. Jon and I were out by 9:00.

I love weekends like this . . . slow, yet busy, lots of laughter, and good, sweet fellowship.

No comments: