Sunday, October 30, 2011

Thinking Out Loud

My sweet hubby is downstairs cleaning up the kitchen from our full and busy weekend. While I have a few minutes I thought I'd sit here and blog a little bit.

What a blessing Jon is. . . he's always seeing how he can help me, even if he only has a few minutes to spare. I'm so blessed by him. He's such a wonderful man, husband, and father. Ash has been having a tough time emotionally and with her friends lately. Just about every Sunday and Wednesday she comes home sad or mad. At times I am either sad for her or mad and just want her to get over it and everybody get along. It's so hard when we have big hearts and love big . . . therefore, we get hurt big. Today, the children's choir sang during the service. Ash looked like she was going to bust into tears at any moment. I couldn't wait for that song to be finished. I couldn't wait to wrap my arms around my sweet girl and just love her. (Thankfully nothing was wrong and her big eyes just looked sad because she's so tired). Wednesday night she came home from church in tears. Jon was oh so very sweet and oh so very tender. He just got her to sit in his lap, let her cry, and listened to her spill out her little heart. . . he later told me "sometimes you just need to be loved on". Boy, how I know this and boy how i need to put it into practice. Not only is my man sweet, loving, and tender, but he's so fun. He has now named our family the "Fab 5". We all love it! Alec has been asked to be on a leadership team for our youth at church. They are headed out the door to go to that. Again, he's so sweet at helping me.

What a GREAT weekend we had. Jon and his friend Greg G. went in together and flipped a house and we closed this Friday. It was such a GREAT thing because the lady who bought it is a single mom in our church, and I taught her daughter in Sunday School last year. I was just as thrilled for them as I was for us. Our sweet friends came over for dinner and cards. We are loving play "Hearts" and "Set Back" right now. Jenn G. is such a hoot to watch play cards. She's such a great sport. What a fun night of fellowship we had. . . it didn't end until past 11:00. Jenn said she was about to pull out the sleeping bags. Jon and Greg were looking for more houses to buy. . .so their adrenaline was flowing. She and I, on the other hand, although we loved one another's company. . . we were drifting off fast. She's a mother of six and I had run 18 miles that morning. To say we were both tired is quite the understatement.

Saturday we had a soccer game, then fall festival at church. I love my youth girls so much. Renee had told me she wasn't able to go to "Secret Church" so Shelby wanted to ask me. It made me feel so good and thrilled my heart that she would think of me. BUT, we have a big race this coming weekend, so I can't go. It always feels so good to be thought of.

Saturday evening/night some more friends came over for fellowship and football. We girls sat around the table and talked and laughed! It was such a fun night and GA won!!! Whoop whoop! They beat the gators. I was so happy for Mark Richt. He's such an easy coach to pull for. . . he gave God all the glory. Our night ended with me heading to bed before Faith and Steve left. Faith was so sweet. She would tell me, " I won't think you're rude if you go to bed." I kept dozing off, so i decided to head to my nice bed with flannel sheets.

Speaking of flannel sheets. . . my sweet, sweet Ash. . . so very thoughtful that girl of mine is. With the first cold weather coming in, she surprised me and put my flannel sheets on my bed and made it up and cleaned up my room. Man, I love that girl and I certainly don't deserve to be her mom.

I just love teaching Sunday School. There are times when I think "this is what i was born to do". I just love seeing those girls learn and grow in our Lord. They bless my heart more than they could ever know.

I'm so glad my mom is back in town. I've missed her 7:15 a.m. calls every morning. She called me Sat. and when I told her how much I've missed talking to her she said, "Yeah I know, considering I'm the one who called you, you heifer." Being called a heifer is such a term of endearment in our family.

I'm so grateful for grace. I'm in desperate need of it, and I hope I extended it as freely as I need it.

I have so many posts rumbling through this head of mine. I just need the determination and the time to get them on here.

Better go. We've got church tonight and I need to prepare for discipleship with Lydia in the morning.

Tata for now!

1 comment:

theelizabethhighsmith said...

"sometimes you just need to be loved on"
so sweet and so true

thankful for His grace, to sweet girl!

His mercies are new every morning-great is His faithfulness!