Monday, October 3, 2011

Cupcake Wars - Family Style

Our family loves the show "Cupcake Wars", so when some of our favorite kiddos stayed with us for a few days while their parents went out of town, we decided to play a little bit.

I just LOVE this adorable apron Lisa, Faith, and Jenn. B. got me one year for my birthday. It's almost too pretty to wear. . . seriously.

Melissa came over to help me.

Since eggs may or may not contain salmonella and I couldn't dare risking any of the kids getting sick. . . Melissa and I had to suffer for everyone and eat the batter.



While you're on a sugar high, you might as well keep it and just go for the icing too.


Plus, there were 9 kids in the house. This picture could almost convince you that I actually can cook. . .hee!hee!


Yummy toppingsLook at the icing. . .



Do you see the real butter? Oh yeah, baby!


The girls decided to get creative and add toppings to their batter.


This batter was so full of stuff it was seriously pretty heavy.


Look at how it turned out!!!!! Like a really bad science experiment. It actually tasted quite yummy.




My sweet niece


The boys took a quick break from the video games to join us.



I love, love, love this sweet girl. She makes my heart smile.



I was so proud of these girls. . . after spending 3 days together, they didn't fight once!


Alec was getting uber creative with the rolling pin I bought in Guyana.




The finished products - Noah's cupcakes.

Joseph-Scott's. .. however, his wasn't up for judging, as he was a judge.



Hanna and KJ


Noelle and MaeMae


Alec's cupcakes.


I have no idea where a picture of Ash and Maddie's cupcakes went. Ash actually won the "theme" prize. I can't believe I didn't get a picture. She had a cupcake with a cross drawn on it. It was very pretty.

I guess he's about to dive into it.




Cupcake Crew

Hanna. . . as always, is a MESS!!!!


1 comment:

Faith said...

Thank you for loving my kids so well! They had a blast! And I bet I can guess which one of those cupcakes belonged to Mae-Mae... You are the best and I can't wait to repay the favor!