After eating spaghetti and playing Kinect for a little bit I had the girls gather around the dining room table. We talked about the early church and how one of the reasons the early church met was to encourage one another. . . they were spreading the Gospel and were getting so "beat up", they would all meet together to encourage and build one another up. I asked them, "Do you feel more encouraged/built up by your brothers and sisters in Christ or by the world?" Their answer? The world. Then we talked about the "whys" of this. Funny thing is, sometimes its the same way with us adults, huh? This is a conversation Jon and I have had often. I went on to tell them it all goes back to love. We often think our "love" for one another is messed up. However, when we are loving God with all our heart, soul, strength, and mind. . . then everything flows naturally from that, then we shouldn't have a problem loving/praying for our enemy, turning the other cheek, going the extra mile, building up the body, humbling ourselves when we've wronged someone, etc. EVERYTHING we do should stem from our love for God.
I'm so thankful the Lord has given me the opportunity to invest in these girls. My prayer is that their hearts beat for Him and their driving purpose in life will be to know Him and to make Him known!
No comments:
Post a Comment