Saturday, November 19, 2011

Every Girl Loves a Tea Party

Thuu baby turning 8. Man, where does time go??? Well Hanna was going to have a Crazy Hair party like Ash, then she changed her mind to a Cupcake Wars party, and then after her birthday surprise to a tearoom, she decided she wanted to have a tea party. There was only one condition - we had to find all the "tea accessories" . . . i.e. tea pot and hats at a thrift store. We found a tea pot for 1.50 and found several hats and then bought flowers. Gigi helped me and really did the hats up nice. She's so talented and did a far better job than I ever could have.

I did "tea party" voice, and I don't think any of the girls liked it. They all kept looking at me like I was really weird.
Thankfully Gigi had given me this for Christmas about 8 years ago. I seriously just pulled it out of the box with all its wrappings still on it. See those things at the top. I couldn't pronounce the name of them, so I just called them "scrumpdiliicious". My little niece, Natalie, kept saying, "Aunt Michele, I want some more of that scrump."
Birthday girl!

Sweet Lane.
Natalie -isn't she adorable?
Sweet Skyler
Lovely Noelle
Love Kara Jane.
Even Daddy participated in the fun.
Time for the cake. See Hanna's picture on the cake? That was from our tea room surprise.


Gigi and Granddaddy
Here's Papa getting some more coffee -coffee it runs through our veins.


Time for presents.
Now on her actual birthday we had her birthday dinner, which I can't remember what she chose. Anyhoo, every year the kids get to chose what we eat that night for dinner. Here's some of her presents from our family . . . nail polish, of course.

A hermit crap. Kara Jane has one, and Hanna has been coveting that thing.

We all just sat around the table looking at it waiting for it to come out. Hanna's our animal lover. . . doesn't matter what kind of animal, she loves them all.

No comments: