Monday, November 28, 2011

From Target Lady to Bag Lady

Well, this year Ash really wanted to take part in our traditional Black Friday shopping. After much persistence, I decided to give in. Not really, I love being with my kids, so I was delighted for Ash to join mom and I. Kris was out this year being that she's a little busy taking care of 2 babies.

Here's Ash's reaction when I told her she got to go.


Well, Hanna from the get-go said she wanted no part it in. She said she was exciting about having her Daddy all to herself. Thanksgiving Mom said something to Hanna about going. I looked at her little eyes, and she said she kinda wanted to go. Ash goes into tears, and there was drama (of course). Well, Hanna ended up going, and although I was somewhat discouraged because either way someone was mad/sad, Hanna was so gracious and sweet. She told me at least three times that night, "Thank you Mama for letting me go". She just kept hugging and hugging me. However, my heart was breaking for Ash who has had to wait for so long, so she and I took off Thanksgiving day to Old Navy, just to two of us.
I even let her sit in the front seat with me. She's tall enough and weighs enough, just not old enough yet. Ash was gracious and looked on the bright side of everything. She even said, "If I'm angry about Hanna going, then that is my fault for being angry. I just need to be by myself and get over it." Such a sweet girl. She and I had a lot of fun at Old Navy together just the two of us.

We get back to Mom's and Mom and I start pulling out the papers so we could get our game plan together.
Funny thing is. . . since being back from Guyana (yes I know I need to blog about it. . . .just how do you attempt to put something like that into words. . . I haven't gotten there yet), stuff just doesn't mean to me what it did in the past. There was definitely a difference in my heart this year Black Friday versus last years. There was definitely a difference in my spending as well.

You know what that meant? No game plan. I was just excited about spending time with my mom and my girls.

We all decided to curl up on the couch and watch "Elf".
Ash was going to make sure to get some good rest.
After all getting in the bed and getting some shut eye I hear what I think is a cell phone alarm go off. I jump out of bed, make up my bed (cause that's important to my Mom. . . very rarely do I make my bed at home), and then grab my cell phone to see what time it is - 12:42 a.m. WHAT??? We were getting up at 4:00. What in the world? That must have been a phone call! Who's calling mom at that time of night? Must've been Melissa? Why would she be calling? I started to pray for her. . . still didn't fall asleep. Shucks. So, I prayed more about whatever was on my heart. An hour later, I'm still awake. I realize my stomach is empty and grumbling, so I tell myself that if I go get a piece of cake, it will help me fall asleep. I checked on the girls. They were snoozing peacefully. I head to get my cake. Ahhhh! My belly feels full. I go lay down. THAT did the trick. 4:00 a.m. came and I was asleep when it got there. I got up, pulled my hair up, and put on some makeup 'cause I knew I'd be seeing people I know from high school (and I was right). Mom told me it was too bad I don't have natural beauty like she does. She didn't put on a lick of makeup.

Well, I had forgotten my coat, so Mom, being a Mom went and got me something to put on.

We were matching!!! I told her I looked like a bag lady and asked her what in the world possessed her to buy such an ugly shirt and 2 at that? They were given to her. Sheewwww! I was afraid I was going to have to call Stacy and Clinton on her.
Here we are outside of Lifeway.
We had such a fun day . . . full of laughter, Chick-fil-A, lots of coffee, McAlisters, and MEMORIES!!!! We even saw a Santa and I told Hanna and Ash to go and tell him he smelled like beef and cheese (Elf). They wouldn't dare. I almost did . . . hee!hee!

The girls were too pooped to pop and so were Mom and I. I'm so thankful I have a Mom and 2 girls who want to spend time with me and go shopping together. I love them all so much!

No comments: