Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yada Yada This. . . Yada Yada That

** I think I am on the tail end of an awful summer sickness I've had the last 2 days. Thankfully I am not sick very often. . . but when I am. . . I'm a big baby. . . I just lay around ALL day long. Although today I feel so much better, I can tell I'm not 100%. I'm going to have to really taper myself down today. Normally I'm a busy bee and I don't like much idle time. . . therefore, I can't go full steam ahead because I don't want my body to revert back to being sick.

**As far as the Jacksonville job. . . we've got NOTHING!!! We heard nothing back, even though Jon felt really good about it. Normally he's pretty on the money with these sorts of things. My prayer was "Lord, if this is not YOUR will, please don't let them call back. It will be too hard of a decision to make if offered the job."

**I have been in homeschooling planning mode over the last week. I'm determined to have our whole year mapped out, with copies made, the year planned, hands-on activities organized, etc. by the time we start school come middle of August. I've really made a great start. I'm going to have to be this way (totally out of my nature to be organized) in order to have a successful school year. With Alec starting 8th grade, I have to prepare for high school in order to prepare for college.

** On that note, Alec is saying right now that he really wants to go to The Naval Academy. I don't want him not to have an opportunity because I failed or slacked him in anyway. Thankfully, we're early enough on everything and it's not too late to start getting him in the classes, volunteering, leadership roles, athletics, SAT preparation that they require. If he changes his mind and decides he'd rather go somewhere else. . . then that is fine. . . at least we've prepared him for a tough school to get into. And. . . they have admitted homeschoolers in the past also!!!!

**We've had some real gully washers here the last few days. While I'm typically a sunshine and roses type of girl . . . the rain has been really refreshing. We've really needed it!!!

**I started painting a small hallway that goes to our garage and up our stairs to the homeschool room about 5 months ago. Noticed . . I STARTED. . . however, I never finished it. Typically I can't not finish a project. However, I've been much more relaxed over the last year and less hard on myself than in the past. I really do need to finish it before school starts.

** Work has been really slow. . . that is typical. I call it the summer slowdown. However, as soon as all the schools start back. . . people start getting sick and it will get really busy again. I'm trying to take advantage of the slowness and prepare for school.

**My girls and I have been watching "Anne of Green Gables". I remember watching it as a little girl. I'm so loving it and so are my girls. I think this needs to go down as one of my all time favorite movies. I think when I'm introducing myself to someone new I may say, "My name is Michele, with one 'l'." Anne can really use some great adjectives and descriptive words. We have a new writing program for this year we're going to be doing. I'm hoping my children will learn to write like she speaks :)

**We've really enjoyed swimming and hanging out at the pool this summer with our friends. It is one of our most favorite summer activities.

**We've had a lot of kid swaps this summer. I just love having a house full of kiddos.

**We've been having a theology class at our house this summer on Wed. nights. Jon and I got the chance to take this class at our church, but the people who are coming didn't get to take it because of helping in another area or choir practice. I keep all the kiddos upstairs with me. I know they are all enjoying having theological debates. I love Jon catching me up on the discussions they have.

**We had our last night of Bible study for a few weeks Monday night. We finished "Respectable Sins" and will be starting a book about the Gospel in a few weeks. Angela is going to be gone on a mission trip. Angela L. will be going to the beach. Jennifer's husband is going on a mission trip to Venezuela. Needless to say a big chunk of our group will be gone so we decided to take the rest of the month off.

31. For a clearer head and less stuffy nose.

32. For a husband who takes care of me when I'm sick.

33. For a husband who doesn't care if the house is a mess.

34. For a splurge of energy.

35. For friends and family who check on me when I'm not feeling well and offer to help.

1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I like yada yada posts!

Glad you're feeling a smidge better...take it easy and get back to 100% soon.

I visited Annapolis when I was in 8th grade and desperately wanted to go to the naval academy. Until I found out how rigorous it was. I had the grades, I just didn't have the discipline. :-)