Friday, July 2, 2010

She's Here!!!!

On June 21, 2010, Emory Faye, came into this world!!! She was taken earlier than scheduled and came out a whopping 3 pounds 6 ounces. The next morning the kiddos and I headed out for our 3-hour journey to see this precious baby. . .

I LOVE "The Office" and there is this episode when Jim and Pam have their baby and Michael walks into the hospital room with his hands held out saying, "Let me hold da' baby." I kept telling Kristen that was what I was going to do. However, Emory was in NICU, so I couldn't hold. Kristen wanted it documented what her silly sister had her heart set out on doing. . . so, she recorded me. . .


I had each of my kids write Emory a letter introducing her to our family as a whole and also giving her some advice.
Dear Emory,
You're a baby who is small and a baby. Your Mom is funny and your Dad is fun to play Balderdash with. Your Nanna is generous. Your Papa is instructive. Aunt 'Chele is caring. Aunt Melissa is fun. I'm a guy named Alec. Jesus loves you. Don't do drugs.
Love,
Alec

Dear Emory,
I am so happy you are my cousin. Your Mom loves to laugh. Your Dad lets us put makeup on him (maybe he'll let you). Nanna loves all her grandchildren. We like to crochet together. Papa is always so much fun. We ride the golf cart together. Aunt 'Chele is my Mom. She always is willing to give. Aunt Melissa is funky. Jesus loves you no matter what. He died on the cross for you. Try to always love Jesus. I love you.
Your cousin,
Ashley

Dear Emory,

I am so excited to see you. Your Mom is funny and she likes to laugh. Your Dad is fun. Your Nanna is sweet. Your Pap tells jokes and is funny. Your Aunt 'Chele is kind and giving. Your Aunt Melissa gives us suckers. I like to dance. Jesus is good. My advice to you is to obey your parents.
I love you!
Hanna


Mama helped Kristen get ready. She was about to go and hold Emory for the first time EVER!


So sweet!!!!

Poor thing took all that time to put her makeup on and didn't realize she was going to cry all of it off . . . her heart now walks outside of her body. . .

Man, I wanted to hold that little thing so badly. However, I knew this was a very special time for Kris and Jonathan, and I certainly wasn't going to hoard in on it. I did get to kiss the back of her little head before I left.


I told Kris and Jonathan now that they were parents. . . they will be too tired to be any fun. Melissa chimed in there quickly, "Hey, I'm still fun."

After leaving the hospital Melissa and I decided to have dinner together.
Guess where we went?


Krispy Kreme baby!!!

Oh such morsels of goodness!




No comments: