Friday my friend Angela L. wanted Jon and I and the kids to come over after church today for lunch to celebrate something big (more tomorrow on that). Well, it was also a good excuse to get together. Doug just got back from Venezuela, and I know he and Jon were missing one another. These guys exercise together everyday and text back and forth all day.
Anyhoo, Saturday Doug texted Jon and said, "Are hot dogs okay?"
I just love that. I started telling Jon how when you get together with people with hot dogs and $5 pizzas (which we've done both with our closest friends), it indicates a certain degree of closeness . . . a closeness whereby you are no longer try to impress one another with your Southern Living cooking or your ability to entertain or host . . . not that I have any of those . . .
It says that let's just get together and fellowship and have a good time. It's not about the food. It's about the fellowship. It's about enjoying one another's company. I just LOVE that!!
When I was single and dating I had this silly little code. When a guy would open a door for me, if I wanted to go back out with him, when I got into the car, I'd reach over and open his door so he could get in. . . silly, I know. . .but I still do this to this day with Jon **smile**
I think now when we have someone over for $5 pizzas or hot dogs or fried bologna sandwiches or salmon patties (remember that, Lisa?), or something just so simple as that. . . it is a good indicator of a closeness and a oneness.
46. For hot dogs and potato chips, more importantly, the people we shared them with.
47. For a GREAT night at Wendy's with more feasting on good friends.
48. For a night of oneness and unity in the body of Christ.
49. For a great youth meeting about the upcoming year.
50. For old friendships that are still close even after 10+ years.
51. For new friendships in the making.
52. For friends that feel like family.
53. For people you'd turn your life upside down for in order to help.
54. For tomorrow, already known in our house as "The worst day of Hanna' life".
55. For laughter.
56. For friends that miss you when you can't make a girls' night out.
No comments:
Post a Comment