Well, Jon always said there would be none of this 'robbing Peter to pay Paul' stuff. . . it wouldn't be okay, let's pay the electric bill and not the gas bill. . . when the money was gone, it was gone. Now, I have to say Jon's parents have graciously offered to help us financially. Thankfully, we haven't had to go to that. . . YET!
I knew financially relying on Jon's parents would be a burden that would weigh very hard on Jon. He's always told me his Daddy has worked so very hard for everything he has (became an attorney at age of 39 . . . worked full time and went to law school, all the while having 3 small children) and Jon would NEVER EVER want to do anything to cause his parents any financial hardship. I knew if we had to start borrowing money from his parents, this would weigh EXTREMELY hard on him.
Well, as I checked our balance and saw the damage I said to the LORD, "LORD, it's all yours anyway." I felt peace. . . peace amongst a storm.
For those who know us well, they know that us being financially sound is very important to us. . . not necessarily that we can go to Disney World every year . . . but that we can pay our bills on time and stay within a budget and not live above our means. In fact, sometimes I've even call Jon the "Budget Nazi". Jon's has alway said his credit score was his name.
Well, a day or so after I checked our balance, Jon got a call from a company he'd had a phone interview with, then an in-person interview. . . a company that is in Atlanta, so no move would be necessary. One Friday morning, I was on the track walking with my friends Faith and Steve during running club. For some reason Ash had my cell phone and said, "Mama, it's Daddy." Jon told me he gotten a call saying that he was 1 of 5 candidates for the job, and he was this lady's recommended top pick. I started screaming!!! Overjoyed I tell you!!!
We, of course, put out another APB for prayer. We had people praying for us I didn't even know knew our situation, people that I really didn't know very well at all. One Sunday after church several different men came up to Jon (I hadn't shared the interview news with them nor their wives) letting him know they were praying for him. Word travels fast.
Thing is, normally I'd be very anxious about something like this. I wasn't. I was just at peace . . . knowing that either a) we are in this place financially because we are being disciplined. God disciplines those He loves (Proverbs 3:12), b) God has either allowed this to happen or caused it to happen to work it for our good and His glory(Romans 8:28), c) God was carrying this burden along with us (Psalm 68:19). . . so, in essence . . . it's ALL good. If Jon got the job, GOOD!!! If Jon didn't get the job, GOOD!!! Total supernatural peace!
Thursday he had his interview. He felt it went really well. He told me as we were laying down to go to sleep, "You know, if they offer me the job, I really don't want them to call tomorrow. I just want to have time to not think about anything over the weekend." I prayed differently (why??? that's another post in and of itself). I prayed that if we were to do something I felt God calling us to do (more later), that they would call tomorrow (being Friday) if we were to be used as an instrument that I was feeling God was intending.
Friday comes. I was meeting my friend Trish at the pool. Rick was coming later on and so was Jon. I'm at the pool and see another friend, Candis, there. I enjoyed catching up with her. She's a friend from Dayspring that I don't get to talk to as much as I would like. I normally don't have my cell phone out unless one of my kids is not with me. Today, though, I knew Jon would probably be calling to see if Rick came to the pool (otherwise he wouldn't have wanted to come).
Phone rings.
I'm thinking Jon is calling to ask if Rick is coming or not.
He tells me they offered him the JOB!!! At the salary he needed!!!! However, they didn't want an answer then. . . they wanted him to take the weekend and think about it!!!
Talk about a screaming fit!!!!!!!!
Fits of laughter!!!
Fits of gratefulness!!!!
Fits of excitement!!!!
Fits of rejoicing in God's faithfulness!!!
When Rick and Trish got to the pool, I couldn't wait to share our excitement. The way I summed up my feelings to them. . .
You know when you shop online and you add things to your cart? That's been me for awhile now. . . adding things to my cart. . . yet never going beyond that point.
Now, but now, I'm so excited that I get to . . .
PROCEED TO CHECKOUT!!!
Today, after being at home for almost 3 years running our business. . . Jon has headed to midtown to his swank office building, dressed in slacks and a tie. . . ready to take on his new career.
Funny thing is, this is the BEST career opportunity he's had since college. I say funny thing. . . but not really. . . we serve a MIGHTY BIG GOD!!! Jon was really willing to settle for SO MUCH LESS!!! I guess in my mind I thought since he was willing to settle for less, then that's what we would end up with. What foolish thinking that is!!!!
This job is going to force Jon out of his comfort zone, as he will have to do some public speaking (really, really scary for him). He's told me all along in this one-year journey of trying to find a job. "I really believe the LORD is going to force me to take a job I'd otherwise never take." Jon was right. The job description clearly said public speaking . . . he applied anyway. . . desperate times call for desperate measures.
As far as our business it will still be running . . . just like we did when he worked full time before. . . .
I can't wait for his lunch break. I'll probably be on pins and needles all morning until I find out how his day is going. . .
For all who have prayed for our family, I thank you . . . from the bottom of my heart. . . I thank you.
57. For God's provision.
58. For Jon having a job.
59. For Monday through Friday, a flexible schedule, and good time off.
60. For the power of prayer.
61. For "back to work" shopping for clothes.
62. For the overwhelming amount of support from family and friends. . . all have truly, deeply and sincerely rejoiced with us!!!
63. For Mr. John and his sweet prayer over Jon last night.
64. For the excitement people have shared in us NOT having to move!!!!
65. For feeling so very loved on. . . I don't know if we would have ever felt this loved on if it wasn't for this difficult time in our life.
66. For the $60 my mom INSIST that I take in case times got much tougher. . .
67. For me being able to return her $60 to her!!!
3 comments:
Such wonderful, wonderful news, Michele. I'm so happy for you both!!!!!!!!
Woo Hoo and a Big Ole AMEN! Hope that it went well! And what fresh hope in the reminder that God answers prayers! Adding thanks right along with yours!
Jon looks sooooooooo handsome. I hope he has a great experience with his new job. I love yall.
mama
Post a Comment