Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Babble. . . It's My Native Tongue

  • I'm so very excited. We got our garage cleaned out this weekend. Little things like that can just really get me excited. I've LOVED parking the car in the garage!!! So silly. . . I know, but I'm telling you. . . after not parking in a garage for 3 years, it really is exciting :)
  • We had some friends over earlier this week for dinner. With one of these friends, Jon ALWAYS talks theology. I'd asked him before the night started, "Can we just not talk theology this time?" Bless his heart, he tried to bite his lip. . . just couldn't do it!!! We all had a great time though. The next day I woke up feeling very ashamed of myself. For so long I wanted this, and then I tried to discourage it. . . shame on me!!! I'm going to tell him I'm sorry for asking him to not talk theology. It was a good night.
  • My heart is heavy for so many people right now. **A girl I play Bunco with who is a cancer fighter/survivor. She's a young mom and my heart just hurts for her. **A friend who is a career woman with a family who has a sick father. She's having to drive back and forth to Atlanta, all the while balancing a career, kids, and a husband. ** A friend who has reoccurring cancer who is a mother of 11. My heart hurts deeply for she and her family. ** A friend that I don't talk to very much anymore. . . for some reason God has just laid her on my heart to be in prayer for her. ** Another friend who is just really heavy now with some pressure he's having to deal with.
  • I don't know what has happened to my itunes library, but it has completely vanished. There is nothing on my ipod, nor in my library. I'm hoping my computer-savvy husband can figure it out for me and get all of my music back for me.
  • I'm really looking forward to some good quality time with my family.
  • All the school books are in and I started out so strong getting ready for the year. . . recently I have fizzled. I got to get the petal back to the metal. It will be here before I know it.
  • I've really got to get to Sephora. I'm all out of my Bare Minerals foundation. About the only time I fix my hair and wear makeup these days is when I go to church. I've loosened up so much I actually go WITHOUT high heels places. I saw my former pastor and his wife Sunday night. That was one of the first thigns she asked me, "Where are your high heels?" I told her it was a work of the Lord me resorting to wearing flats. She said I was just maturing **SMILE**.

41. For sweet time of prayer in our foyer with Jon and 3 friends.

42. For God's faithfulness.

43. For the lamps being turned on.

44. For children that are attentive to my feelings . . .asking me if I'm sad or not.

45. For family who gets upset if you don't return their calls quickly after they leave messages. . . ahem, Grandmama and Daddy.

No comments: