Friday, July 9, 2010

1000 Thanks

I just love reading my sweet friend, Elizabeth's blog. She's been doing this thing where she will end her posts with things she's grateful for. It just makes my heart full of joy to read her list. Since I am so unoriginal and will freely admit I love to be a copycat. . . I'm totally copying her. Isn't it said that "imitation is the best form of flattery"? It will be really cool to see how long it takes me to reach 1000. Who knows, I may like this so very much I may not end there. You know my philosophy, "Go BIG or go home".

1. For my Savior, Jesus Christ, who took on my penalty for sin and died for me.

2. For a wonderful husband who tellls me he loves me numerous times a day. . . that he is very affectionate and warm and kind and caring.

3. For 3 wonderful bambinos that love me despite all of myself.

4. For a night to lay in bed with thu baaabbbby and watch the lightening light up the sky and just talk.

5. For books.

6. For sweet friends who lovingly and willingly keep your kids so you can go on a date with your hubby.

7. For a mom who provided us with a gift card to eat out on. . . all we had to spend was $5 for a tip.

8. For a little sister who doesn't begrudge or get mad because I don't talk to her as much as I do Melissa.

9. For a job. Although there are times I really despise it. . . I get to be at home with my babies, make my own schedule, and the money is good.

10. For air conditioning and ceiling fans.

11. For hot summer nights where the rain pours down and cools off the earth.

12. For wonderful, encouraging, like-minded friends who pray for you, rejoice when you rejoice and mourn when you mourn . . . who just happen to love to laugh just as much as I do.

13. For a note that was hand delivered this past week who said, "That is from the LORD".

14. For the person who wrote the note and the sweet words it contained.

15. For texting. I just love a quick text to say what you need to say.

16. For my dog. . . yes, I've become one of those people who love their dogs.

17. For good health for me and my family.

18. For coffee.

19. For grace. . . God's grace.

20. For homeschooling my children.

1 comment:

theelizabethhighsmith said...

i've been mia from blog land due to internet woes. but i'm back and so pleased to see you logging thanks. it's addictive. and just to clarify it's not my idea
it's ann voskamp's from www.aholyexperience.com you will love, love, LOVE her blog if you haven't been. she has a gratitude community. i need to link up i've just been lazy, but i did put her link in a few of my posts.

it's been like church for me. also you don't have to begin every thanks with for....i just do that because i'm anal annoyingly so.

keep um coming, i love reading them!