It's time for Mer's 10 on the 10th. Because I can't spend any extra money right now. . . I'm going to list 10 things I want to spend money on when Jon gets a job.1. Road Bike. Since Jon did his triathlon, now I really want to do one. Unfortunately my $89 mountain bike isn't going to cut it. I can't be competitive with it. I really need a road bike and they cost big bucks. Jon's researching it though . . . so, hopefully, if he gets a job or sells a house, I can get a bike.
2. A Living Well Health Master. You've probably seen these on TV. Montel Williams promotes them. It is an amazing blender. While I'd really love a Vitamix, the Health Master is a fraction of the cost . . . so . . . I'll settle.
3. Run a 5K. I just really am itching to do one. . . but, I gotta have some dough first.
4. Go to Bone Fish with my friends . . . maybe for lunch one day . . .when the hubbies can keep the kids. . . and maybe, just maybe squeeze in a pedicure.
5. One of these watches. . . well, not a Fossil (too expensive) . . . but a cheaper, more generic version.
6. A new swimsuit. . . just 'cause I always buy a new swimsuit every year. . . and, I have a $25 gift card to Victoria's Secret. BUT, all of their swimsuits are much more than $25.
7. I'd really love for Jon and I to take a small mini-vacay somewhere. . . even if it is SSI. We would want to eat out, so we just need to be frugal and responsible and wait until we aren't struggling so much financially.
8. New accessories. . . man, I want some new accessories. I have PURPOSEFULLY stayed far, far away from Serendipity because I know if I enter their doors, I will not have ANY willpower to resist.
9. As if 8 things weren't enough, I honestly cannot think of anything else right now. Should I be ashamed I have 8 things on my mental list of "things to buy when Jon gets a job" or be excited that I couldn't complete the full 10?
10. Nevermind, one more thing I want to spend $$$ on . . . I want to pay off ALL our stinkin' debt. . . so, I guess if we're going to do that, I'd better scrap the other 8 things I want to spend $$$ on.
21. Kids who have bright enough imaginations they can play by themselves . . . who set up things in the garage to play with.
22. A mama's girl who cried because she thought someone was saying unkind things about me.
23. Sweet baby coos (Emory) I heard over the phone while talking to my little sister this morning.
24. Job interviews.
25. Good morning hugs and kisses.
3 comments:
Just thought I would let you know that my Sister in Law just ran a 5k for free! She heard of a local Hot yoga place that said they would pay for the entrance and and what ever else as long as she wore one of their shirts during the race. Maybe just keep your ears open for a deal like that and you can run a 5k or some other race! Hope that helps to get one thing crossed off of your list.
Oh Michele...I'm sorry things are so tight for you guys right now. I've been there. We stayed there for a couple of years and I hated every minute of it. But it was good. We learned to appreciate the little things--a full pantry and fridge, dinners out, new clothes, and fun splurges--and we learned a lot about what trust really is. Those weren't fun lessons to learn but God was always, ALWAYS faithful. Hang in there. And I hope all your wishes come true.
BTW, I have a hybrid bike. I like it a lot, but if I was competitive it really wouldn't cut it.
A Vitamix is on my dream wish list as well!!
Post a Comment