A sweet friend of mine was going to have a decision made for her. . . by someone else. . .that could literally change the rest of her life. She was heavy on my heart all day on Tuesday. I decided I need to go and be with her, which meant leaving my house at 8:15 (makeup, hair, heels, and all). So, work had to be done. I was so glad I made the effort. This is true Biblical fellowship. . . not a potluck dinner with everyone socializing. . . Since studying 1 John the original meaning of the word "fellowship" means life-on-life. You hurt-I hurt. You rejoice - I rejoice. You're going through a trial -I'm going through that trial with you. THAT is fellowship. And, THAT is what took place this morning. Me and 3 other people went to stand alongside our sister in Christ. . .
The girls won a lunch with our children's pastor. With the homeschool students she just goes out to eat with them. It was actually Hanna who won the lunch, but she wasn't going unless Ash went with her. Sweet little thing. . . sometimes I think Ash is her security blanket. I dropped the girls off at Taco Bell with Ms. Renee.
Meanwhile, Alec and I went and got guitar strings for his guitar, then headed to Chick-fil-A. It was such a sweet time. I just love alone time with each of my kids and I don't do it nearly as much as I should. Alec blessed our food and said, "Thank you God for this time me and Mama have together." Just touched my heart so much. If you've been reading my blog from the beginning, you will know he has not been easy for me since about age 8. I was really hoping this would make the teen years easier since he's been hard for so long. It really has. He is very delightful and enjoyable. I'm hoping since we've had so many struggles leading up to this point, that our struggling is over and his teen years will be enjoyable. .. . so far, so good.
Alec and I headed back to pick the girls up. "Miss Chatty Cathy" Ashley wasn't finished yet. She'd spent too much time talking. Hanna only said a few things; therefore, was finished with her food.
We then headed home and started school. . . finished school. . . then headed to church.
I've been kind of frustrated with my Theology class. It is Trinitarianism and it is SO.STINKIN'.HARD. It is just so far above my head, which just causes me to check out. I've been tempted not to go (which I didn't last week). However, I decided not to abandon Jenn. G. and Jon and hang in there.
So glad I did. Tonight was our BEST discussion yet. So, guess I'm in for the long haul:)
152. For our amazing church!!!!
153. For Godly leaders.
154. For my husband's heart and desire to be more like Christ.
155. For the body of Christ.
155. For learning.
156. For true, biblical fellowship.
157. For dates with my son.
158. For laughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment