I just love being with my mom and little sister, Kristen.
I love the crowds.
I love the excitement.
I love the rush.
I love the deals.
Every year I'm pretty much the one to plan out our route . . . you know where we shop first, what time we are to meet. I've even put either Mom or Kristen or both in charge of making sure they get certain items. This is how it's worked for years.
However, now Kristen is a Mama. . . so for ALL the years she's fought crowds for my babies. . . it is soon coming up it will be my turn to fight for her . . . which means. . . .
I'll no longer be the boss!!!
Since Emory is still a little baby I'm doubting Kristen has any "hot ticket" items this year. . . but next year will probably be different.
So, I decided that I would go out and buy a "boss hat".
I thought a hat, though, would be a fun way of knowing who was in charge. . .
And, since this is my last year of being "boss" for awhile. . . I'm going to wear it on that early Black Friday morning. . . then, as we pack up our cars, give hugs goodbye, and tell one another how much fun we had. .
I'm going to pass the hat. . . pass the hat to Kristen. . .
which means, dadgumit . . . she'll get to be the boss next year. (just kidding about dadgumit. . .if that is an ugly word I don't know, and I don't mean it to be)
208. For Black Friday.
209. For a Mom and a sister to go shopping with.
210. For traditions.
211. For healthy bodies to get up early and fight crowds.
212. For the money to go shopping with.
213. For the loved ones to buy for.
214. For the ones I get to boss.
215. For getting to be boss.
1 comment:
My Mom, sister and I have the same tradition and I LOVE it!!! We only get to go every other year because of scheduling for the holidays and this is our "off" year so I am sad!!! I LOVE that hat and I think you look awesome, boss!!! :) I have sooooo many hilarious memories of us fighting crowds and shopping til we drop on Black Friday. Some people don't get it, but if you do...you know how awesome it really is, especially when you can share it with your family!
Post a Comment