I know I need to go see her. But, I think I aviod it sometimes because it just makes my Papa's death all the more real to me.
I miss him. His picture sits on my desk and I'll look at it and just smile.
I miss his energy.
I miss his vigor and zest for life.
I miss hearing him talk about the Lord.
I miss his presence.
I miss hearing him say "Shuggahh".
I miss his funniness.
I miss seeing him jump up when I walk through their door.
I miss hearing him talk to Jon about sports, especially the Braves.
However, a few weeks ago I saw apart of him. My friends and I were serving a meal at a local homeless shelter. We knew our mission was not to serve these people food. Our mission was to share Christ with them.
I met this lady and this is the conversation that occured.
Me: "Are you a follower of Christ?"
Her: "Oh yeah, oh yeah, I sure did."
Me (with pep and enthusiasm. . . I think I may have jumped a little bit): "Oh you can't just did, you got to does!!!!!!!!!!! You've got to follow Him everyday."
Her: "Oh yeah, yeah. . . that's what I meant. I've been cleaning and trying to move into my house. Oh yeah, I follow Jesus. Um huh."'
Honestly, I really botched the whole witnessing thing. I really should have asked her "What is the Gospel?" But I learned. . .and I did share the Gospel with a little girl there.
However, this exchange between this lady and myself. . . my reaction, my words, my tone of voice. . . I saw my Papa. It was exactly like something he would have said/done.
It made me smile that part of him lives in me!
159. For the life my Papa led.
160. For my Papa's unashamed love for the Lord.
161. For the Gospel.
162. For 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances.
163. For grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment