Monday, November 8, 2010

School Schmool

That was what we said today to school. We had what I refer to as "abbreviated homeschool" and headed to Macon to spend the day with Melissa and the kiddos. We had a good time doing nothing. . . We did, however, go to Joanne's and Walmart and get knitting needles and yarn.

Here I am. . . I hardly have enough time to sleep, and now I want to knit some scarves for my girls. . . we'll see how far I get. . . hee!hee!

I just love that Melissa is close enough now so we can spend the day together. It doesn't have to be a big event or hoopla. . . It can be part of life now.

We headed back to G-town and I picked up Alexis and took she and Ash to soccer practice. Jon was there, and it was cold, so I took off to Angela's for Grow Group.

I actually got there about 20 minutes before she got there. I was so tired I started falling asleep. So, I decided to go on a run. . . in the dark. . . by myself. . . around her neighborhood.

First things first though. I remember Jon telling me they had a mean dog in their neighborhood. I called him to find out which way NOT to run.

It was actually kinda creeping running in the dark by myself. I run with my running partner (the other Angela) in the dark, but it's different because someone is with me. Then I had all these dogs howling at me. Did I mention it was dark? 'Cause the dark just makes everything scarier.

I was glad I ran though because it put a pep in my step. I just love the ladies in my grow group so.very.much!!! I love how transparent we are with one another. I love that they are my best of friends. I love that I know that they love me and don't judge me. I love how much we laugh together. I love how much I see us growing. Words just can't express how thankful I am for each of them!!!! God brought them to me at just the right time in my life. He knew how much I needed them!

No comments: