Friday night I surprised Jon with a candlelight dinner here at home. It's probably been 14 years since I've surprised him with a candlelight dinner. The last one I cooked was Stouffers Lasagna and bag salad. This one was chicken pesto penne with an orange spinach salad. . . . I think I've improved in my cooking skills over the years. We had such a nice evening at home.
Saturday morning I woke Jon up at 3:00 AM. I heard a loud boom and shake in the house. I was really scared. As it took him 15 minutes to find our gun. . . to which I just giggled b/c if someone in our home to do us harm, we would've been dead by the time Jon got the gun out. He didn't feel very safe so he took one of Alec's pocket knives and a paint roller stick with him to check out the downstairs. Sheewww. . . no burglars. Maybe I was just dreaming? We both fell back asleep and then woke up together. This is a rarity for us. Most Saturdays I have to work and I'm up before he is. It was oh so very nice to wake up together and cuddle and watching the morning news together.
Jon then decided to take me on a lunch date. He and I both decided since we are not night owls, we are both more lively for lunch dates. We went to this restaurant set in the 1920s called "Founders". The atmosphere was really cool. The food was super yummy and my date? Well, he's just all THAT and a bag of chips!!!
We then went and went trouncing around on our 6 acres. It was really fun walking through the woods out there. We saw a deer. It is such a peaceful place to be.
Next, we went and looked at a few houses to either flip or rent out. I just love doing that kind of thing with Jon. It really is a lot of fun. It's so fun to imagine all the creative things you can do to dress up a house.
We got home, plopped ourselves on the couch, watched some football and I took out my knitting needles.
We got home, plopped ourselves on the couch, watched some football and I took out my knitting needles.
Sunday morning we woke up, headed to church, and went and picked up the kiddos.
We were both so glad for our time together. . . yet, we were also glad to see our kiddos. They all missed us (which is always a good thing).
I'm always so thankful for weekends like this. . . it is so easy to lose sight of one another in the busyness of life. . . it was so nice to have a chance to rekindle and just focus on one another.
216. For candlelight dinners.
217. For lunch dates.
218. For a Nanna and Papa who loves keeping their grandkids.
219. For a time for one another.
220. For enjoying life together.
No comments:
Post a Comment