Our home away from home. We are so very thankful for Jon's parents and their graciousness to let us come anytime to SSI. Not only are they gracious, but when they are there with us Gigi cooks for us the entire time. We are so blessed by them.
Usually this time of year even at the beach is too cool for water, so I planned things to do that wouldn't require our bathing suits.
Mr. Weather had a different idea. It turned out being in the 80s. We did make it to the pool, but this Mama in High Heels didn't get in. I curled up in the sunlight with a good book one day and the other I watched Jon and the kiddos play. When I saw their lips quivering b/c they were so cold I knew then the ice box of a pool was.not.for.me. I did laugh at them though as they played. There was one time when I was afraid Jon might overpower me and throw me in. . . thankfully, he didn't!!!!
One of the things I had planned was letterboxing. We took Gigi and Grandaddy with us.
The first series had 6 different letterboxes in its series.
Here's Ash finding the next letterbox.
Cookie's cooling off again. . . poor dog never gets walked or anything. . . this walk was the walk of his lifetime.
We were all too pooped to pop and were so very grateful when we saw this sign. . .
The next day we headed over to Jekyll to "Driftwood Beach". . . all of these cool trees are just growing up on the beach. Scott told Jon and Alec that the next X-men is supposed to be filmed here or something. . .
This was just amazing to me!
Jon and Grandaddy.
See this sundress I'm wearing. Jon bought it for me before we left for SSI. We were in a store and he said, "Come here. I really like this. What do you think?" I told him I liked it so he told me to get it. His thoughtfulness just warmed my heart.
Hanna Boo is the "one who wants to be me" (as her Daddy says). . .so any attempt to get my sunglasses she's going for it!!!!!!
My and my mini-me!
The boys . . . 3 generations here!
Back when we got over to SSI there was another letterbox I wanted to find. This one had 3 in the series. The very first clue we read had a movie line on it. Alec said, "Mom, that's what they say on Princess Bride. All of the clues and stamps were around this movie. We love it Princess Bride! INCONCEIVABLE!!!!!!!
Poor Grandaddy. He grabbed Gigi's shoes going out the door. His poor feet. He was such a good sport about it. Bless his sweet heart. He is doing so much better though!
Here's another letterbox!!!!
The kids out in front of the marsh!
They had to look under this bench for the 3rd box. . . i kinda got the heebijeebees b/c I thought "What if there is a snake under there?"
Normally we love ZuZu's ice cream. However, move over ZuZu's there's a new kid in town. . . MooCow ice cream. In the 4 days we were there we had ice cream twice. The first day I had avocado. . . it was really good! They had this one flavor of bacon. . . I sampled it . . . GROSS! Some things you just don't mix together and bacon and ice cream is one of those things.
2 comments:
Love it! Love you and your family! And love letterboxing!
how sweetest is jon buying you that dress and kites and sand in your toes and ice cream is my brand of fun!
Post a Comment