Monday, April 11, 2011

Hit the Ground Running

Or. . . I guess I could say. . .

Pedal to the metal. . .

OR MAYBE

Flying by the seat of my pants . . .

OR

Around the world in 180 days. . .

Any of these could be used to describe my day. . . so far. . . Well, all except the last one. I just added that one because I'm a tad bit on the dramatic side and I needed to add it all for a little flare. . . dressing it up . . .you know?

I should have known it would be one of those days. . . isn't that Murphy's Law or something. . . you go on vacation, get really well and rested, all to come home and almost be punished for it. . . NOT REALLY. . . but, sure does seem that way sometimes.

This morning old Mr. Alarm Clock started his mess about 4:00 a.m. Well, my body discovered over vacation how much it likes . . . excuse me. . . loves sleep and rest. . . and it just was in a rebellious mood this morning.

So my hand . . . uncontrollably, of course, turned off the alarm. . . reset him to 5:00 a.m., told him he must behave, reset him and my body just crawled back into bed.

Felt so.very.good.

Then that alarm clock started his mess AGAIN at 5:00 a.m. My hand. . . again, uncontrollably, unbeknownst to me or my brain, slapped him a time or 2, turned him off, and then reset him to 6:00 a.m., told him to behave. . . oh, and then back to the warm, comfy, cozy bed. . . she was just calling my name.

6:00 a.m. . . . you guessed it, AC started his ranting and raving mess. This time I'd had just about enough and decided to obey. . . reluctantly so. . . I should've, could've, and would've known I'd be punished for my 2 hours of sleeping pleasure.

And. . .

I was. . .

I had a little work from Dr. B. I started to finish him up, and as my brain was recalling the things that I knew I had forgotten to do today. . . a biggie came up. I won't bore you with the details. . . but it involved me driving to Atlanta, scarfing down lunch with Jon (although it was quite enjoyable), putting the pedal to the metal on the minivan, dropping off some very important papers at a friends/business partner's house, and heading home.

So thankful I have kids that know how to go with the flow. Othewrise, we'd all be in a big heap of mess.

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill. . . just laugh it off, laugh at yourself. . . it is what it is. . . Oh, and try to do beter next time.

Everything that needed to get done got done. However, I have laundry that smells like a Mexican restuaurant that needs washing. I have laundry sitting all over my family room that needs folding and putting away. I have dinner that needs to be cooked. Thankfully Truitt's is having customer apprecation night with $0.89 hamburgers. . . so I'll send Jon adn the kids to eat that while I go to Growth Group. I'll just eat the rest of my lunch I didn't have the appetite to finish. Oh, my house also looks and smells like a trash dump. . .

So, the things that needed to be done got done today. However, the things that I wanted to get done DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not about me, though. Thankfully, I have a gracious husband who could care less what the house looks like. He knows how hard I work and appreciates all I do for our family. . . so I rest there. . . well, until tomorrow anyway.



256. For gracious kiddos.

257. For $5 burritos from Moe's.

258. For $6 parking (all b/c we got a good spot and I didn't hit anyone else's car trying to park).

259. For my husband's flexible boss and schedule.

260. For a hubby who wants to eat lunch with his kiddos and wife.

261. For being at Colony Square and having the only kids in the whole building (love that we homeschool).

262. For day #2 of dirty hair. . . this is the day I like it best.

263. For making it just by the hair of my chinny, chin, chin to get some important papers somewhere.

265. For Ashley not tee-teeing in her pants until we got to a gas station bathroom.

267. For a son who holds doors open for his sisters and I.

268. For a mini-van that is dependable.

269. For my cell phone.

270. For a list that was really long at the beginning of the day that got everything crossed off it.

271. For remembering Eph.4:29 when I was tempted to voice my opinion (which really doesn't matter at all).

272. For jeans that aren't so tight today :)

No comments: