Nahhh. . . I'm just
kiddin'. . .not 82 hats, but by the looks of these pictures you'd think so. I'm still talking in 82s. . . but what I meant was 82 years. Melissa and I were going to miss
Grandmama's big birthday shin-dig. Well, it really was just our family and they had to all get together on a day my cousin, Brian, could do it. . . . I already had previous plans, so Mel and I took
Grandmama to lunch to this sweet little tea room nearby.
Grandmama started the fashion trend of a hat. . . she's been having to wear one b/c she had a
premalignant place come up on her head. . .

These girls were so good. An older lady leaving the restaurant came up to me and complimented me on how well behaved they were. That makes me claim them! If they act like a bunch of
scaliwags. . . uncivilized and all. . . I pretend I don't know whose children they are. . . I kid. . .I kid..

Here are my 2 aunts and my sweet
Grandmama who has been walking this earth for 82 years!

Melissa and Hanna

Beans, Mel, and me (I feel like I look like a flight attendant in this picture)

We found these funny hats on the wall. . .so Melissa grabbed one and I followed her lead. We wanted to look like
Grandmama. . .



Sharon and Wanda thought they'd join in the fun as well.


Pretty lady!

Sweet little Southern Belle

Here's another one. . .

And. . . another one. . .

Afterwards Wanda took all the kiddos to the store by the tearoom and got them each a piece of candy. . .

Poor Alec was such a good sport about being at a tearoom. He was the photographer, and it wasn't until I uploaded these pictures that I realized he wasn't in a SINGLE one of them. I think he prefers it that way. . . that way there's no proof he was actually at a tea room. . .

We love our
Grandmama so very much. She's so special and has made a mark on each of our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment