Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Rest

Wow. . . to actually have a Sunday and have rest is a rarity. My day tends to start at 5:00 a.m. (if it is my week to teach Sunday School. . . if not, then 6:00 a.m.). We go to church, get out around 1:00-ish. . . Sometimes we eat out, sometimes not. . . even so, some Sundays I get a nap, sometimes not. Most Sundays (if I nap) I have to set the alarm or have Jon or the kiddos wake me up. . . Then, it's time for Sunday Unite. . . get home around 8:00-ish. . . wolf down dinner, brush teeth, say prayers, and off to bed.

Today, though, was unique. . . different. . . a Sunday that actually involved rest . . . I know, don't gasp too loudly. . .

This Sunday I got up at the same time.. . went to church, came home and ate here at the house. Jon and I crawled in the bed and watched a movie while the kiddos did their own thing.

Ahhhhhhhhh. . . . so.very.nice.

I drifted off to sleep during the last 5 minutes of the movie. . . kind of intentional so that way I was sure to get a nap . . . hee!hee!

Jon and the kiddos went to Home Depot to order a shower pan for our shower. They then went to Walmart and got frozen pizza, Ben & Jerry's, peach pie, and ice cream. . . sounds like a fabulous Sunday night dinner, right?

It was!!!!!!!!!

After dinner we all piled onto the sofa together and watched "Tangled". Such a cute movie if you haven't seen it.

Now, the kiddos just brushed their teeth. Hanna is playing a board game by herself. Alec is testing out his new boxing tape . . . like tape around your hands before you box . .. his new thing right now. Jon is on his computer, and here I am blogging. . .

Ahhhh . . . yet again. . . Sunday rest. . . such a rarity, but such a precious thing. Jon and I both talked tonight about how much fun we have doing nothing.

I think we're going to put on another movie . . . we'll probably fall asleep to it. . . just to ensure we get more Sunday rest.

No comments: