Friday, April 29, 2011

Random Words

To try and do a quick catch up of the week I thought I'd do just a very wordy random post. To follow? Well, you guessed it . . . pictures (since I have that disease where I can't blog without pictures). So, next post will be random pictures. . .kind of like a part 2 of this post. . . sound good? Good! Here I go.

  • I've been fascinated by the Will and Kate royal wedding. I just love the fact that she is so common, an underdog. . . makes for a good movie. I've read and watched all kinds of stuff about the royals this week including Princess Diana and Prince Charles. . . wouldn't want that kind of life for all the tea in china. . . still, I am fascinated by it. My thoughts have even drifted to the wedding feast of the Lamb. . . when Christ will be united with His bride (church). Now, IMAGINE the splendor of that! I can't wait. I know I'll be there!!!


  • We had tornadoes hit our area, like missing us by a little over a mile or two. It's been devastating and heart breaking. The kids and I went out the day after and tried to help. We went to a trailer park and got some things the people needed. Then, we went to Ash's Sunday School teacher (last year)'s house. It was completely and utterly demolished. It is a miracle they are alive. I've never seen anything like this in my whole life. Literally their stuff was caught in cedar trees. They still can't find their roof. . . I'm so grateful they are alive and I'm so grateful we are safe. We did get up about midnight when the weather radio went off, headed downstairs to get under the stairs. I was quite the ill pill. Jon was being a goof off. . . texting, passing gas. . . yada, yada, and I wasn't laughing or very jovial for that fact. I need my sleep. Hanna heard on the news where you were to cover up, meaning with blankets and pillows. Instead she layered her clothing. Seriously, the kid had on 3 different pair of PJ pants. If I wouldn't have been so ill, I would've been laughing at that.


  • Easter was great. The kids went to church with Melissa b/c they spent the night with Mom. Jon and I were going to a Seder supper with our friends Bethany and Scott. However, Jon has SO MUCH WORK going on right now he couldn't make it, so Jen. B went with us. It was a precious night, very moving and sentimental, and thought provoking. I later went and asked the Rabbi why Christian's don't celebrate the feasts? He literally stopped in his tracks and in a nutshell told me "antisemitism". Hopefully more thoughts from this girl's mouth on this later. I'm really afraid we Christians may be missing the boat. I 'd love any and all thoughts on this issue. However, when we entered the seder supper I told my friends, " I feel so Gentile". I texted Jon the same thing. He replied, "Good, because that is what you are." Thanks for confirming that honey!!!! Jon and I went to church Easter Sunday. I felt so very lonely without my kiddos there with us. I didn't like that feeling AT ALL. I felt all out of sorts. . . not like myself at all!!!! We got to mom's, ate her good cooking, rode through what some tornado damage had done about a month ago to their property, and hunted eggs. I love being with my family.


  • Tonight the kiddos and I took Jon to the airport. It was his first plane ride EVER. He has a fear of flying. On the way up there he was so nervous about possibly getting sick on the plane. . . you know, throwing up sick. He really was quite nervous and caught up in this idea. He was very distracted and out of sorts. We get to the airport, find where to check in baggage. He's a little frazzled (just not knowing what to do). I told the kids to lets stand back and just watch him. He didn't need us on his heels. Ash then proceeded to throw up 3 times. Seriously, I just laughed. . . all I could do. . . I think I did this b/c if I didn't I would have started crying. . . crying for Jon for his nerves and crying for my sweet girl for her pain and crying for me for my embarrassment (especially for the man who rolled his luggage across it). So, I laughed instead. . . quite a bit, actually. I'm anxiuos to hear from him when he lands. Oh yeah. . . this is the Sodom and Gomorrah I referred to in earlier posts. I'll leaving you hanging, but just try and guess where his conference is based on my clue. Oh, one thing that just touched my heart so. After Jon hugged all of us goodbye, he wanted us all to pray. . . so here, in the airport, my little family of 5 huddled around in a circle, bowing our heads in prayer while Jon prayed outloud. So thankful for Jon and his leading our family spiritually.


  • Tomorrow I'm going to pick up Andrew and he is spending the night with us. Doug & Angela are in SSI celebrating 10 years of marriage, so we get to keep Andrew. I'm so very excited. . . all the kids and I are. I really am quite afraid I have forgotten all my baby skills. . . hopefully they will come back to me. It's been so long since we've had a baby in the house.


  • I got my passport in today! My picture is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E!!!!!!!!!However, it will serve its purpose. I'm going on a mission trip to Guyana in July and I'm excited, nervous, and all the in-betweens. . .


  • Ash has been exceptionally clingy this week. She's oh so very sweet and no one loves me like this girl does. She is her mama's girl through and through. I'm not trying to take anything away from Alec and Hanna. I know they love me as well, but they're much more Daddy's boy/girl. . . which is totally okay with me. . . I was a Daddy's girl too, so I understand their hearts. But Ash, I don't know what it is. . . extremely, extremely binding to me this week. . . like at my heels everywhere I go. I think she is anxious about the upcoming week and not having me with her for an entire week. Oh, she's so sweet!!!!!! Hanna even was somewhat clingy on Wed. night???? She's not as verbal with her feelings, so it is really hard to tell what is going on in that head of hers.


  • Wanna hear something funny? Here is something Hanna said last week. We were talking about Babylon and Hanna said, "I wish the tower of Babel didn't happen so I could understand what those ladies at Judy's Nails were saying."



  • I took the kids out to eat Mexican tonight. We are on a super-tight budget right now. . . so normally where it would be around $30 or so for our entire family. . . we ate El *____* for $14.02 AND we even had cheese dip. I told the kids if they wanted to eat out everyone had to drink water and we all had to get something that was under $3.00. They obliged b/c they didn't want to eat my spaghetti :)

1 comment:

theelizabethhighsmith said...

love reading about your world can't wait for the pictures!