Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Surrounded by JOY

JOY . . . I just love the meaning Jesus, Others, You

Sunday, my sweet friend and partner in ministry to young girls. . . were surrounded by just THAT. . .

JOY!!!!


She and I have just such a heart for our 9th and 10th grade Sunday School class. We meet so very frequently to discuss their hurts, their needs, how we can more effectively minister to them.
And. . . I'm so blessed to have her as both my ministry partner and my friend.

After church we all piled into Kim's car, my car, and, thankfully, Jon's truck. When we decided to have a Christmas party for our girls I was so very excited. I just love to entertain. However, Sunday morning as I was mopping my floors I thought, "LORD, what if no one shows up?"

The LORD did not disappoint. We had 12 girls!!!! Thankfully that was exact number of Christmas presents we had.

These 2 girls here are no strangers to my family. My girls feel like these 2 are their big sisters.
After lunch we all started playing the White Elephant game with Christmas ornaments.

I just love a good White Elephant Game so I kept telling the girls, "This is the only time when it is okay or fun to steal. This is the only time you will hear Ms. Michele say "steal", so go for it and no one get their feelings hurt."

My girl, Jaimie, didn't disappoint me. She was the first one to steal. Others soon followed her leading. .

These 2 will be moving up next year. . . but they decided they will come back and crash our Christmas party next year. . . I'm so thankful!



Again, you see who my girls are always hanging on. . .

Next, it was time for their Christmas presents from Kim and I. Back in August our church had a wonderful day for ladies called "A Day Away". To say it was wonderful is an understatement. We received these really nice prayer journals. . . so Kim and I decided this would be a great gift to our girls.


Y'all I'm telling you I'm just so thankful for Kim. She really took this bull by its horns and made the books. . . which was a really good thing because last week 2 of my kids has Strep.

Also, for a little fun we gave them some toe socks too!

Group picture time!!! I told the girls that when they were grown and had families of their own they could look at these ornaments they received and think of Ms. Kim and I. . . those Sunday School teachers they had as teenagers who were ALWAYS telling them, "Girls, it always goes back to The Word."

Now for a silly pose!!!

We were missing a few of our girls and I was so very sorry they weren't here with us!! Oh well, just a good excuse for another get-together.
226. For Jaimie.
227. For Jaleisia.
228. For Kaitlyn.
229. For Katelyn.
230. For Shelby.
231. For Makayla.
232. For Jordan.
233. For Hannah H.
234. For Ingrid.
235. For Ashley.
236. For Hanna.
237. For Kim.
238. For Emily.
239. For Katy.
240. For Haley.
241. For Ann Marie.
242. For Becca.
243. For Rachel.
244. For a husband and a son who give up their home for a Sunday.
245. For a home to have people come and fellowship in.












1 comment:

Faith said...

This looks like so much fun! And those girls are sure blessed to have you and Kim for their teachers. Love you!