Last weekend, Melissa and Scott drove an hour to our house . . then we all drove another 30 minutes to this quaint little town Jon and I have just fallen in love with.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
1-1/2 hour drive to get po-dunk, honkey-tonk, and lots of laughs
You know. . . it's really those things in life that DON"T turn out any of the way you planned that you get the most laughs from and you make the biggest memories.
Last weekend, Melissa and Scott drove an hour to our house . . then we all drove another 30 minutes to this quaint little town Jon and I have just fallen in love with.
They were having a Christmas parade and Melissa and I started having flashbacks from our old JCHS days.
I thought we were both going to bust out in the parade. . . me with a baton 'cause I was a majorette. . . and she with her dance steps. . . 'cause she was on the drill team.
Talk about small-town, po-dunk, and honkey tonk. . . all of those things that remind us of home.
Poor Jon. . . he really can't take us out anywhere.
Poor Melissa and Scott because they drove a really long way all for a few homemade floats and a bunch of tractors. . .
Oh yeah. . . and a high school band and flag team.
They really were quite stingy with the candy too (unlike G-town's parade). . . that's okay. . . because I just really loved the atmosphere of the whole stinkin' thing. It really and truly did warm my heart. . . I JUST LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, small town, "Sweet Home Alabama" life!!!!!
Last weekend, Melissa and Scott drove an hour to our house . . then we all drove another 30 minutes to this quaint little town Jon and I have just fallen in love with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment