Sunday, June 27, 2010

If this were a Mastercard Commercial

1. Husband in child's goggles. . . makes me giggle. . .

2. Laying on the beach with wonderful friends. . . lots of chatter and laughter.
3. Kids getting to enjoy their friends at the beach. . . no fussing or fighting AT ALL!!! . . . loads of fun.

4. Men getting to be in the "no woman zone". . . they may say "priceless"


5. Two snaggle tooth, cuddly cuties . . . all would agree . . .PRICELESS!




6. Trying to ride a boogie board like a surf board. . . lots of muscle strength



7. Taking a cool dip when its blazing hot outside . . . definitely PRICELESS!!!
Shoot fire!!! Okay. . . enough with the Mastercard theme . . . I can't do it. . . I'm just too wordy. Last weekend we headed to SSI with our friends the Jones, Brisendines, and Hendrixes. To say we had a blast wouldn't do it enough justice. It was a great trip.
The B's were already there. Friday night we got in and headed over to their place for spaghetti. We then to the kids to the pool and hung out. . . our family headed back to the condo and later the Jones' got there.
Saturday morning I woke up and headed over to the B's. Jennifer is training for the Peachtree Road Race, so she and I decided to run together. I actually ran over to their place which was 2.8 miles. She and I then went from their place to the beach. . . which was another 3 miles. As we were running down the beach we see these huge seashells. I have never seen seashells on SSI like this. J and I start getting as many as we can. . .so much so we had to pull our shirts out to hold them all. Needless to say we were done with our run.
We all get ready and head out to the beach for the day. Poor Lisa, she had a sinus infection and, honestly, just doesn't like the beach. She hates the sand. I think she wasn't having very much fun at this point. She and her family head back to the condo. We all continue to hang out at the beach. When we got home L had had a nap, and I could tell she had a pep in her step. YAY!!! I had told J and F I was afraid they weren't having a good time. . . but she felt so much better after getting some rest.



We all get ready and head to one of our favorite eating places on the island, "Mullet Bay". Jon and I actually ate there the night we got married.


The food was wonderful. . .

The company was even better. . .










We then headed back to our condo and put all of our thinking caps on. We decided to play Trivial Pursuit. Poor Jon, he had to carry our team (which was he and I). There are some real smarties amongst our friends. Tim and Lisa took the win. We all had so.much.fun.
Sunday morning we decided to split time between the beach and the pool. While we went to the beach, the Jones' headed to the Village to hang out and look around.
After we all got a bite to each, everyone came over to our condo to swim in the pool. We had probably the biggest game of 'Sharks and Minnows' ever played. It was so fun!!! Then some of the grownups and kids starting having swimming races.

Faith and I went to get a picture together. I didn't have my sunglasses on. I told her, "Girl, let me put on some sort of accessory." Apparently Steve snapped this picture while I was getting ready for our picture :)
There we go!!!!

Group shot. . . Jon was missing. He was really tired and so stayed at the condo and watched TV.

Silly group shot . . .

All the kiddos. . . ever called a restaurant and said I need a table for 21. . . 8 adults and 13 kids. . . We even saw one lady at "Mullet Bay" counting all the children. They all did great. They were all so well behaved.

Monday morning we got up, got the condo cleaned and headed home. We stopped in Savannah for lunch. We see this blue Volvo with a tag on it from our hometown. . . It was Tim and Lisa. . . great minds think alike, huh?
Lunch at Crackle Barrel



We are so very blessed. We know that friendships like these don't come a dime a dozen. Some people never find like-minded friends where the moms, dads, and kiddos all get along really well. We all just have a great time together and enjoy one another's company. We all know how incredibly blessed we are and certainly don't take the friendships God has blessed us with for granted. I love each of these families so very much!!! We had an incredible weekend. I think we may all do it again in the fall. . . I hope so!!!





















2 comments:

Faith said...

I love it! And I love that I was a part of it! And I love that I am so blessed to have such great friends! And I love that you want to go again because so do I!!!! Love you!

theelizabethhighsmith said...

Beaches are the best and with friends has to be the icing on the cake! Glad you had such a grand time.