Yesterday something happened that I honestly thought would never happen again.
I've haven't heard this sound in a very long while and wasn't sure if that part of his brain could any longer perform in this way. . .
On Tuesdays the kiddos and I spend part of our day with Jon's Dad. I've been pretty vague on here about his health condition. . . partly because we don't really have a definitive diagnosis . . . the other part because he is a well-respected, well thought of man in our community. . . and Jon's mom was trying to keep it on the down-low for as long as she could. . . so, I certainly didn't want to blab anything on the blog that someone might read. . .
Anyhoo. . . let's just say he can't remember things like he used to and he's not able to do things he used to. Jon's Daddy is a brilliant man. . . sweet, heart of gold. . . he's the real deal.
Many, many years ago for Christmas one year GiGi surprised Granddaddy with a baby grand piano. . . it's beautiful, I tell you.
For a long time I haven't heard Granddaddy play the piano. I think we all thought that was something he could not longer do. . . that this disease that plagues him had stripped his memory of. . .
Well. . . yesterday, the kiddos and I were over there after VBS. Sometimes we take him out to lunch, but GiGi made lunch for us yesterday. As I was warming it up, I hear this catchy tune played on the piano . . . a tune that took my memory back to their old house. . .
Granddaddy was playing the piano. I was so excited!!!! I started dancing and encouraged the kids to dance with me. This was great! I couldn't wait to get home and tell Jon!! Little glimpses like this give me hope that maybe, just maybe, his health condition is for a season and it won't turn into or become what it is predicted to do . . . prayfully hoping . . .
2 comments:
praying too! Love ya'll!
What a blessed event.....and if things don't improve....an awesome memory and moment for you to cherish! Blessings!!
Post a Comment