So, here we are at the beach with some friends of ours. I had the bring ye old computer, because I needed to work this morning. 5:00 AM my cell phone alarm goes off. I think to myself, "Oh, but the bed feels so good." Off and on throughout the night I've heard Jon breathe with a nasal breathe like he has a stopped up nose. . . so my sleep has been a wee bit interrupted.
Last night, we weren't sure if the sheets had been changed on our bed or not. Now, before you go and start thinkin' Jon and I are a bunch of clean-freak, gotta have everything Pine-Soled and Cloroxed for us . . . DON'T even allow your brain to go there . . . 'cause we're not. Quite honestly I don't remember the last time I changed our sheets. . . probably around the time of Jon's 40th b-day because my sister and her family slept on our bed. But the thing is our nasty is OUR nasty. . . not somebody else's nasty. . . they are 2 entirely different nasties; therefore, we like to have clean sheets when we are away from home.
Anyhoo. . . so the sheets didn't looked like they'd been changed. Jon found a blanket that we slept on top of. He threw both pillows on the floor. I'm one of those who always brings my pillow from home with me. . . so I was well prepared.
I told Jon to take my pillow. . . I can sleep anywhere and really without a pillow if I need to. . . He said, "No, you have to work in the morning." Okay, didn't take much convincing me. I agreed, so I slept with my pillow.
Bless his heart, he must've been waiting all night for my alarm to go off and me to jump out of bed. . . As soon as it started dinging I all of the sudden feel something extraordinarily close to me. . . awww, my sweet hubby wants to give me some good morning cuddle love before I head downstairs to work. . .
Not quite so, my friends. The reason he was so close to me was because he wanted my pillow. I BUSTED out in quiet laughter. He knew what he was doing. He said, "I just wanna share your pillow."
Poor thing, I just went up there to put on my running clothes. That man is sleeping like a baby. I don't even hear his nasal gargling.
No comments:
Post a Comment