Monday, June 21, 2010

Saddle Ridge Ranch . . .

Last week our church had VBS. I always, always love VBS. . . so full of so much energy and excitement. . . just makes me want to hoot and holler.


I had one of the funnest jobs I think possible. . . recreation. . . And. . . to boot. . . Alec helped me out.



I also got to "meet" a sweet girl at church who reads my blog. I knew who she was, but we'd just never had a face-to-face conversation. She is just a delight to be around. I am sooooo looking forward to getting to know her (in real person) better :)

This is my friend, Angela. Isn't she A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E?!? I just love her painted on freckles.

We had a great time with all of our games. . . This was a relay race called "Big Ole Boots". The kids had to dress up like a cowboy, carry an egg to the other side and change out their cowboy clothes and give them to the next person. . . SO!MUCH!FUN!

I just have so many kiddos I love here!!!




This crazy guy decided he was going to dress up as Alec. .. See the hair? Had me in stitches I tell ya!




The kids especially loved the water games. . . so did us grownups. It was dreadfully hot. See the picture up above with me and Jessica? See how wet my shirt was? That was sweat. . . good, ole, GA sun sweat!




Alec was such a tremendous help. He really enjoyed it too. In fact, we didn't have rec on Friday. I came home to pack for our trip to the beach. Alec stayed and helped Angela out in crafts. He really enjoyed serving. . . which really just blesses my heart. . .




He did get some time with his buddies. He'd have snack with them.




Lisa and Faith did preschool music together. We all got a chance to gab in the teachers lounge while we ate cream-filled donuts, grits made with Rotel tomatoes, pastries, even homemade egg rolls. They really treat their VBS teachers right!!! I drank a soft drink EVERY.SINGLE.DAY (which I NEVER do. . . not daily like that anyway!!!)

My very favorite day of VBS was Thursday. In rec, we had a water balloon toss, then we surprised the kids with a water balloon fight!!! We had a little balloon drama. We had nearly 700 balloons to fill up. We had a group of older boys use all the sinks in the men's restroom and we did the same in the ladies bathroom. We were on quite a roll until Mr. Larry (the maintenance guy) informed us we would have to go outside . . . which meant only 1 water hose versus the 8 sinks we had going. We ALL felt a little like this . . .


Talk about PRESSURE!!! My friend, Trish, worked her charm and got us permission to go back to the bathrooms. We were like an assembly line in a factory filling up those balloons. Y'all we laughed so much!!! And. . . I just love laughin'!!!
I was able to catch this picture of Hanna during her balloon toss.
This is our VBS rec crew after getting soaked with water balloons. You take a couple of goofy adults and teenagers . . . add in a whole slew of kids . . . then about 700 water balloons. . . you get a whole mess of fun!!!


YEE-HAW for a wonderful week of VBS!






No comments: