For Alec's 13
th birthday (coming up in about a week) he'd talked about flying in a small airplane. His friend, Levi, did this to celebrate going into the teen years.
However,
moola is tight around here. . . so, it just wasn't happening this year.
One Saturday morning my friend, Faith, called and told me they were at a local airport and they were giving a flying clinic for kids ages 8-15. They were flying kids for free!!!

Alec was still in the bed. Jon and I really didn't have too much time to talk about it. We had to go and had to go then if we were going to take advantage of this. Jon was pretty nervous, so I called Faith and asked she and her family to hang out with him. The girls and I had to go to my sister's baby shower. Jon's parents actually showed up to watch their grandson fly high into the sky.

Friends watching . . .

Alec LOVED it. He actually got to fly in the plane with the open cockpit. I'm so glad I didn't hesitate because of my own fears. I don't want fear to dictate my children's lives. Although I wasn't thrilled with the idea, I certainly didn't want to hold Alec back. I certainly didn't let him know my fearful thoughts either. The only part he saw of me was enthusiasm and excitement. I'm so, so, so glad he was able to do this!!!
The LORD provided him with something we couldn't afford right now. I'm so grateful God's hands are even in those little details of our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment