Sunday, May 30, 2010

One Million Arrows


Everyone has books on their bookshelves that are the books that are keepers. . . the books you won't depart with . .. the books that won't be thrown into the yard sale pile or the 'donate to Goodwill' pile. . . the books that you go back to time and time again to read, reread, scan for the parts you underlined. . . you guys know what I'm talking about? Well, I have one more book you MUST add to your collection.

The title is enough to catch your attention. . . "One Million Arrows". . .then you scan further down "Raising your Children to Change the World". . .Seems like every parents dream?Right? Yet, what an overwhelming and daunting task!!! I know there are certainly days I can't even get my kids to do their chores and schoolwork, much less gear them up to change the world. . .

YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!!!!

As I was reading this book I felt as if I was having dinner with a dear friend and we're talking back and forth how we want to make a difference for the kingdom of God, how we want to raise our children who love the LORD with all their hearts, souls, mind, and strength whose goal is changing the world for the LORD. Julie writes in such a way that she gives very practical ways to start you on your way to "raise children who change the world". I felt so very encouraged each time I would put the book down, yet also very geared up and determined.

So, what if you don't have children, or your children are grown and gone, or you think it's too late, or you're a single parent, trying to do it all on your own? This book is for you too!!!! You are still responsible for raising "arrows" for the "mission". It's never too late!!! Julie offers hope for you and let's you know what you can do to raise "arrows" .

She even goes further. . . what about your spiritual children? Yes, we all have spiritual children or at least SHOULD have spiritual children. These are the children who we aren't raising in our homes, loving on each and every day. These are the children that we play a part in their lives by either teaching, discipling, and/or supporting financially so they can be taught the Word. Again, you MUST read this book!!!

One more thing that I just love about this book. . . ALL the proceeds go to benefit an orphanage in Haiti!!! You know how I know Julie is legit and she's not just putting this out there trying to make people buy her book? Because she is living proof of a Mom raising "arrows" for the "mission". She tells a story how she and her husband, after building their dream house, sold it to build an orphanage in Haiti. She's the real deal!!!! Her story just spoke volumes to my heart (as those of you who've been reading my blog for awhile know my husband I bought our dream home a little more than a year ago)!!! She gave up the 'American Dream' to invest in eternity!!! WOW, WOW, and double WOW!!!

"Will the world change our children...or will our children change the world? Time is short and lives are at stake. Right now, God is inviting our families to become part of a bigger story—a vision that will engage hearts to make a radical difference. One Million Arrows is an inspirational call to raise our kids to impact their culture, community, and world for Christ. If we want our kids to discover their purpose, if we want them to live with passion for the Kingdom, if we want our family to go down in His-Story, accept the mission...and leave a mark for eternity." (Julie Ferwerda)

You can order her book from www.amazon.com or click on the toolbar on my blog to check out her web site. Please order and read. I promise, you will not have wasted a single penny. Your money will support orphans and. . . I can almost guarantee you. . . you, too, will be geared up to raise "arrows" for the "mission"!!!

2 comments:

livinginbetween said...

I agree with you! It's a keeper -- a must-read and one to tell all your friends about.

Lisa said...

You convinced me!!!! I already went and placed my order...I can't wait to read it!