Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Random Thoughts

No catchy title here. Just wanting to document and remember some things going on in our lives right now.

  • I'm putting Noah's Ark for sale today. Gas is way too high, especially since I've wanted to escape to SSI over the last 2 weeks and spend the whole summer down there. I actually told Jon the kids and I may head down there without him. He said it was okay. He's super swamped with getting a house on the market. However, I couldn't leave him. My own self-induced guilt couldn't go to our very favorite place on earth without the love of my life. . . so, here the kids and I stay.. . sorry, I digress. . . back to Noah's Ark. She's super clean and we've put her at a really awesome price. If she sells GREAT, if she doesn't that's GREAT too, 'cause she really is my dream car :).
  • Back to SSI. . . We are going to SSI in about a month or so with some of our dearest and closest friends. I'm so excited about that I could literally do cartwheels around my house. It's our family and 3 other families. I wish we could ALL just spend all summer down there!!!!
  • I've been a little blue the last few days. I really am not a "blue" kind of girl. I feel pretty happy most of the time. Thing is, I wish I could blame it on PMS. . . can't though. . . I really wish I could just pinpoint what it is. I am feeling a little better as the day goes on, but I still feel like a little dark cloud is following me around.
  • I'm really grateful for the time I've gotten to spend with my parents lately. Between helping them move and riding to my nephew's birthday party (2 hours away), I've really gotten to be with them alot. I'm so very blessed to have a Mama like I do. She loves me to absolute pieces. . . even at the ripe age of 33. . . and will drop anything and everything she's doing in a heartbeat for me. She'll also shoot it to me straight!!! We've had a lot of fun over the last couple of weeks.
  • Jon and I have a really big decision to make by Friday morning. Any and all prayers for wisdom and discernment will be appreciated. I'm so thankful for the people who are carrying this burden with us. I love y'all!!!!
  • I'm loving the once-a-month cooking meals I did with my friend Jennifer. It is wonderful to just pull something out of the freezer and pop it in the oven. It's allowed me to sneak in watching "Glenn Beck" while dinner is cooking.
  • Although our life is really in such disarray right now, I don't know if Jon and I have ever been as close to the LORD as we are now. We are growing and things are certainly being thrown our way to test us. He sent me a text today that said, "I luv you now more than ever." (I don't say that in a boastful way. . . I just want to remember it when I'm old and gray).
  • I'm thankful that God is confirming over and over again a call He has placed on my life. I'm the kind of girl that needs reassurance like that.
  • I'm learning to listen more intently to the Holy Spirit. . . knowing that when I make "excuses" for something. . . then more than likely I have no business doing it. Sometimes I can be pretty hard headed.
  • We're finished with school and have had some lazy days here at home. It's been great, but I do like to stay busy (maybe why I'm blue?!?). I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE POOL TO OPEN!!!!
  • I wish I was the person to invent silly bands. These people are making a killing. . . gotta be. . . b/c my kids have bought enough to last them the rest of their lives.
  • I love how last week my sweet Ashley came to me and said, "Mama, I really want to study my Bible. I just don't know where to start." She and I've started a Bible study this week. I pray my kids always want to know God's will and God's ways.

Enough for now. I think I may whip out my sewing machine today, or maybe not?!? Maybe I'll read a book?or work on a 500 piece puzzle with the kids?or take a bike ride? or ALL of the above? Ohh. . . I feel my blueness leaving me as I get geared up for busyness. . . ha!ha! Not really, just tryin' to be funny. I'm telling you this, I don't like this feeling of BLUE!! I'm hoping it will shake from me soon.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Good to see you and your children this past weekend. I haven't been on my blog in a couple of weeks and it is interesting that I checked it today. I can totally relate to you. I feel that my life is in disarray and that I am being tested too. I though life would be more relaxed at this age. Be thankful that you have someone to go through it with you. I will certainly pray that God will give you discernment, wisdom and the peace that surpasses all understanding. Busyness helps me but I have to get out of the house with it. I have a lot of projects at home but I can't focus on them. I started substitute teaching and I have applied for a job for the summer working the desk at the rec center.
Praying for you - Tricia