She told me, "I'll go with you. My hubby's off." WHAT? I tried to tell her we'd have to be up and at 'em and ready to go at 4:45 AM. She didn't care. She wanted to go. That's a great friend right there. She didn't want me to have to be on the road that much by myself . . .plus, she knew it'd be a fun girls' trip.
She was right. We had so much fun. We talked and laughed and just had a wonderful time. We didn't even turn the radio on . . . once. We gabbed away so long . . . it was so fun.
When we got to the island I drove her around and showed her some of the spots she hears me talk about. We then went to the condo that my in-laws are considering purchasing. Then we hung out with them and looked at some more houses. . . then went back to the condo they own now. My MIL showed her around. It was really a lot of fun. Lisa is like one of the family. After we wrapped up all the real estate business, we headed to one of Jon and I's favorite places to eat on the island. . . Barbara Jeans.
She was really an amazing help to me. When the inspector started talking what sound liked "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah" to me, Lisa knew exactly what he was saying. She translated in Michele terms for me.
Thank you Lisa for being such an amazing friend and for making work so much fun. You made a 9-hour round trip car ride seem like 1 hour. I had a blast with you girl!! I love you. It meant so much to me that you took a day away from your family to be with me and make my day so much sweeter . . . and better . . . and fun! Thanks for being so flexible when I had to meet my Mom and Jon and the kids so I could get hugs and kisses from them before they left to go out of town.
God has really blessed me with some amazing girlfriends. Four of them called while we were on the road to check on me . . . sweet, blessed friends I have. Suzanne, Candis, Tiffani, and Jennifer . . . thank you all for being with Lisa and I in spirit . . . thank you for your love and care and concern. I love you all!!!
6 comments:
You have some amazing friends! It sounds like you had a great day. It was very sweet of her to ride along with you.
What a special treat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that meant a lot to you..it means a lot to me that she did that for you too!
I bet the time just flew by...I'm praying that everything will go super smoothly for this deal...it's my privilege and joy to be your friend!!! I love you!
2 times in a row!!!! Wow I am so blessed!lol I am very blessed to have a friend like you too!
Candis
That IS a good friend! So glad that that long day was redeemed!
What a sweet friend! I treasure friends like that. I'm glad that you had company during your trip. Now I'm off to catch up on your blog ;)
Sounds like a fun day, despite all that driving. You are very blessed to have a friend like Lisa!!! It only makes me sad that I couldn't join you two because I know that you had so much fun!
I am praying for you in this situation and I know He is working everything out for His glory!
Love ya!
Post a Comment