Dear Alarm Clock,
I thought when we moved into this new house I could have you near me. I know you started to miss me in our old home, as you sat on the bathroom counter. I would only visit you twice a day; once to turn you on, once to turn you off. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
However, I knew you would need to be near me in a strange, new home. . . so, against my better judgement I put you beside my bed. I believe you are starting to get pretty spoiled.
Rather than visiting you twice a day, I visit you 3,4, 5 times . .. sometimes more depending on how much sleep I need or how lazy I'm being. You sound off your horn to wake me up. I pat you one time. Ten minutes later you need me again . . . you sound off, I pat you . . . and again and again the cycle continues.
Alarm clock, your neediness is causing me to get very behind in my day. I pat you once, then twice, then 3 times . . . and before I know it, an hour has passed.
So tonight . . . back to the bathroom you go. We will resume our old relationship. I plan on visiting you twice a day. . . once to turn you off and once to turn you on . .. that's it.
Hopefully now that I am setting boundaries with our relationship I can get out of the bed and have a more productive day. Don't be angry. This is what is best for the both of us.
Good night.
5 comments:
Just.adore.it! This is one of my fave posts you've written!! I seem to have a VERY codependent relationship w/ my clock too...
Perhaps if I wrote mine a letter we'd have a better understanding of one another too! :)
Hope it really works out for you both this time...you've given him time to adjust to the new place.
This made me giggle. My alarm clock gets the daylights pounded out of him every single morning.
And you, my friend, are probably the least lazy person that I have ever met!!!! Hmmm, maybe I need to consider moving my alarm clock to the bathroom... Nah! It would never work out between us! Love ya, girl!
So funny! The Mister also sets his alarm across the room...and that wakes me up.
I've never thought about that...very good idea!!!! I still don't think that I'd only visit it twice.
Post a Comment