Thursday, August 27, 2009

Precious

Back in May Grandmama and Papa celebrated 60 years of marriage. I was so busy at the time I wasn't blogging very much. I thought this would be an appropriate time to share some pictures.

I've been pretty strong emotionally up to this point. I had a good cry yesterday morning and then a good cry on a 5-mile run. I know some would see this has a bad thing, but I'm used to being strong for those I love. Don't worry I do grieve and normally when it comes I won't be able to stop it. I just really want to be there for my Daddy and my sister right now.
I sat with my Dad yesterday. He didn't know I was coming. Frankly I don't even know if he will remember that I was even there. He is really torn up. I just reiterated to him over and over and over again. . . there is such peace in knowing where Papa is. I couldn't imagine bearing the burden that he was being tormented in hell.

After the 3rd time I spoke with my Grandmama yesterday she started sounding better. That gives me great comfort.


There are 3 of us grandchildren (my sister couldn't make this because she lives in Texas). Grandparents are so very important to their grandchildren. They can give them things parents simply cannot. I am so very thankful my children have amazing grandparents who love them like crazy.


My poor Daddy. Sometimes he can make me so mad I want to spit nails at him. I'd love to say I'm full of mercy and grace towards him. . . but there are just times when I am not. Sometimes though I look at him . . . and you can see such pain in his eyes . . . borderline torment . .. and then my heart breaks into a million pieces for him . . . and God fills me with mercy and grace overflowing so that I can extend it to my Dad. You see, the mercy and grace does not come from me. I'm just a wretched sinner like my Dad, saved by grace. The only difference between my Dad and I is that I have accepted God's grace and His son, Jesus. I have accepted Jesus as both Lord and Savior of my life. Again, it takes both. He cannot be one without the other. My Dad has refused this in his life. My Dad's sin is no worse than my sin . . . mine is just covered by the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary.





4 comments:

Amber said...

I'm praying for you and your family, Michele.

Such relief and joy comes in knowing that now your grandfather is resting in the arms of our Father.

I'll be praying for your daddy.

Carpool Queen said...

Praying God will give you the right words as you minister to your family.

Tiffani said...

Such a precious precious couple. I will pray for Grandmama in the days and weeks ahead...that God will sustain and keep her.

What beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Still praying.